DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow me mode better with new firmware?

eezflyer

Reactions
View media item 404I wonder if the new firmware is better in follow me mode? I went mountain biking today and I used the follow me mode. I was prepared to be underwhelmed based on what I had seen on reviews and other peoples videos. This was the first time I had used it as well. I was surprised at how well the follow me mode worked. I went around a corner and the camera had only my head but it still followed me. I will try and post the video so you can see what I mean. I was moving anywhere from 5 to maybe 10 mph. The drone would stay behind me and sometimes not move, then race to catch up. I don't know if that is normal but the video was decent I thought. Has anyone found a good way to secure the remote and phone while in follow me mode? I am trying to figure out a way to secure it to my bike, maybe the handlebars. Any ideas?

Last edited:
View media item 404I wonder if the new firmware is better in follow me mode? I went mountain biking today and I used the follow me mode. I was prepared to be underwhelmed based on what I had seen on reviews and other peoples videos. This was the first time I had used it as well. I was surprised at how well the follow me mode worked. I went around a corner and the camera had only my head but it still followed me. I will try and post the video so you can see what I mean. I was moving anywhere from 5 to maybe 10 mph. The drone would stay behind me and sometimes not move, then race to catch up. I don't know if that is normal but the video was decent I thought. Has anyone found a good way to secure the remote and phone while in follow me mode? I am trying to figure out a way to secure it to my bike, maybe the handlebars. Any ideas?
Were you controlling the gimbal pitch on some of the scenes? I noticed that when the mavic got on top of you, the camera pointed down. I wasn't sure if this was you doing it or the Mavic.

Thanks EEZflyer just what I was hoping to hear! Now I don't have to worry about losing the Mavic if I go to fast lol

Thanks EEZflyer just what I was hoping to hear! Now I don't have to worry about losing the Mavic if I go to fast lol
I have taken it on a couple other rides since then and it has tracked me perfectly. I have been pleasantly surprised actually. And even at a decent speed around 20-25 mph it can track me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82