DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me Mode Weak Satellite

Same issue here.

Using latest DJI Go 4 App version & firmware (both controller and aircraft). GPS on my WIFI only Ipad mini 4 works well in Google Maps App but says weak signal in the DJI Go 4 App.

Has anybody tried using the Lichi App with this to see if GPS works better there?

My 7 plus doesn't work-- completely!!!
WEAK GPS error when trying to use follow me or changing home point!!!!
Will not work!!!!!
Tried changing cables- remove- reinstall app-
Even went to Apple Store and exchanged for BRAND NEW 7 Plus--
It didn't work either - doesn't work--
All other functions and modes work perfectly.
Fits in controller wonderful even with Case still on the phone.
But I bought the drone specifically for the follow me mode and it's unusable with my fancy expensive 7+ iPhone.
Very frustrating
Follow me does work well with all 6S plus and also I pad mini that I tried.
Bought a cheap refurbished acer 7 inch tablet for 63 bucks and GPS works perfect on it but it is android and android is not as smooth as iOS and the maps suck.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My 7 plus doesn't work-- completely!!!
WEAK GPS error when trying to use follow me or changing home point!!!!
Will not work!!!!!
Tried changing cables- remove- reinstall app-
Even went to Apple Store and exchanged for BRAND NEW 7 Plus--
It didn't work either - doesn't work--
All other functions and modes work perfectly.
Fits in controller wonderful even with Case still on the phone.
But I bought the drone specifically for the follow me mode and it's unusable with my fancy expensive 7+ iPhone.
Very frustrating
Follow me does work well with all 6S plus and also I pad mini that I tried.
Bought a cheap refurbished acer 7 inch tablet for 63 bucks and GPS works perfect on it but it is android and android is not as smooth as iOS and the maps suck.

Just to confirm, you have put the mavics switch to Wi-Fi, and used follow me on an iPhone 6s plus and switched the homepoint to the man (green arrow in uploaded pic) instead of the take off point and you were able to have it follow you more than 80m from take off?

Attachments

• 20170130_164445.png
    20170130_164445.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
No
That is not the proper way to use follow me.
That if you could change the home point.
That does work on my old 6S plus as well as an old iPad mini and a $60 acer 7" tablet---but will not work on my fancy brand-new expensive iPhone 7+!!!!

No
That is not the proper way to use follow me.
That if you could change the home point.
That does work on my old 6S plus as well as an old iPad mini and a $60 acer 7" tablet---but will not work on my fancy brand-new expensive iPhone 7+!!!!

That is the proper way to use it on Wi-Fi so that it doesn't stop following after 80m. The app just isn't working properly

Last edited:
Has anyone figured this issue out? I am using an iPhone 6s and no matter where I go, follow me mode just simply won't work. It says I have a weak GPS signal and that's all i can get.

Has anyone figured this issue out? I am using an iPhone 6s and no matter where I go, follow me mode just simply won't work. It says I have a weak GPS signal and that's all i can get.
Are you on AT&T by chance? There are a few users having trouble with follow me and setting the home point to the controller using 6, 6s & 7 iPhones. The ones I know about that are having trouble, including myself, are all on AT&T. May be too early to tell but that may be the common denominator.

Last edited:
Are you on AT&T by chance? There are a few users having trouble with follow me and setting the home point to the controller using 6, 6s & 7 iPhones. The ones I know about that are having trouble, including myself, are all on AT&T. May be too early to tell but that may be the common denominator.
Yes I am, that is an interesting theory, it seems like it is the only expiration though. Thanks for sharing this.

Yes I am, that is an interesting theory, it seems like it is the only expiration though. Thanks for sharing this.
Theory is that iPhone 7 uses an Intel modem that is inferior to the Qualcomm modem. This causes, at times, inferior reception and apparently affecting GPS performance. I am no expert but I would like to gather more responses from MP owners and see for sure if this error is only happening to AT&T iPhones.

Theory is that iPhone 7 uses an Intel modem that is inferior to the Qualcomm modem. This causes, at times, inferior reception and apparently affecting GPS performance. I am no expert but I would like to gather more responses from MP owners and see for sure if this error is only happening to AT&T iPhones.
This is intriguing, I hope to hear some more responses about this. A good test might be to take a phone that's on at&t and a phone that's on a different network and fly in the same area with the same drone where the at&t phone won't work on follow me. If I get the chance I will for sure try this out.

Did that test with all on AT&T--
7 plus weak signal- never able to connect
6 s plus good signal- worked well
IPad mini good signal- worked well
Just FYI- only 7 plus had intel modem

Did that test with all on AT&T--
7 plus weak signal- never able to connect
6 s plus good signal- worked well
IPad mini good signal- worked well
Just FYI- only 7 plus had intel modem

Thanks for your input. I thought the intel modem was new with the iPhone 7, but was not sure.
It is looking like the intel modem used in the AT&T iPhone is crap and may be the source of our problem. Only question now is why are some 6 & 6s users having similar issues? Hopefully others will see this thread and chime in.

Last edited:

I've got the same issue with an iPhone 7plus but in the UK on the EE network.

As a sanity check, make sure your DJI GO 4 app has Location services enabled. In Settings, go to 'Privacy', select 'Location Services' (Make sure that is on of course), then ensure that DJI GO 4 is set to "While Using".

Did that- have the t- shirt
Lol
Still no joy with 7+ with AT&T Intel modem

In Norway with iPhone 7+: No problem setting home location, but GPS signal is always to weak for follow me mode. The phone is super accurate for any other GPS use. IMO, this is a problem with the app.

No, I don't. But if the Swedish ones are Intel, ours would probably be too.
This works for US iPhones, curious what European iPhone 7s show.....
"In fact, if you’re wondering whether Qualcomm or Intel is powering your LTE experience on your iPhone 7 right now, the following is all you need to do to get a quick answer. Head on over to the Settings app and select General > About > Legal > Regulatory. Here, at the top of the screen, should be the model number we’re looking for in order to carry out a quick and dirty identification.

Now if the model number shown here reads A1778 or A1784, then the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus in question is an AT&T or T-Mobile version making use of the Intel modem. If the model number is A1660 or A1661, however, then it’s going to be a Sprint or Verizon variant with a Qualcomm modem. We told you it was easy."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian