DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me Mode Weak Satellite

....So Follow Me not working is indicates that you are having a problem with your GPS receiver for whatever reason (I think software/firmware) and that means you have less control. I won't fly a bird that is a non-racer where I can't have it speak to me and change homepoints and follow me, etc.

Hope that clears it up a little.

I sort of rambled. It's quite simple.
That makes total sense now! Thanks for taking the time to break it down.

Ugh, yeah, resetting my home point is something I hadn't tested yet, but just always assumed I could do it if the need arose. That clearly is an important feature (transmission of Phone GPS to Mavic).

Reactions: Jussaguy
That makes total sense now! Thanks for taking the time to break it down.

Ugh, yeah, resetting my home point is something I hadn't tested yet, but just always assumed I could do it if the need arose. That clearly is an important feature (transmission of Phone GPS to Mavic).
Curious what your results are. Let me know please . If it works or not, please let me know your set up.

Hope it works for ya!

Curious what your results are. Let me know please . If it works or not, please let me know your set up.

Hope it works for ya!
I have the iPhone 7+ an get the weak satellite signal error any time I press Follow Me, so I would assume resetting home point won't work, but I'll try it next time I fly.

I have the iPhone 7+ an get the weak satellite signal error any time I press Follow Me, so I would assume resetting home point won't work, but I'll try it next time I fly.
Yeah, you're having the same issue.

The engineers at DJI are setting up teleconferences with me based on some technical calls I had. I think it's a software issue. Hope so anyway because the only other option is it's a bad transmitter but I don't think so. I think there is a coding issue which will eventually, don't ask when, will be fixed but I'm a "half full" kind of guy.

The engineers at DJI are setting up teleconferences with me based on some technical calls I had. I think it's a software issue. Hope so anyway because the only other option is it's a bad transmitter but I don't think so. I think there is a coding issue which will eventually, don't ask when, will be fixed but I'm a "half full" kind of guy.
Got it. If you need any details from other users let me know.
I have the latest firmware on everything (App, drone) other than I didn't grab the latest iOS update yet. It's a new 7+. I get the same performance even if I turn wifi off. No other phones around me and I'm flying in a clear field away from obstructions.

I am not so sure it is a software issue, if you do a quick google search on issues with gps on iPhone 7s, you will find threads on some of the dedicated running app forums discussing issues with the Intel modem causing wandering routes and inaccurate data being recorded in those apps. I my self have some apps that use geofencing, and I get unintended results from the gps location on my iPhone 7 wandering, while my wife's iPhone 6, running the exact same app and geofence works correctly every time.

I am not so sure it is a software issue, if you do a quick google search on issues with gps on iPhone 7s, you will find threads on some of the dedicated running app forums discussing issues with the Intel modem causing wandering routes and inaccurate data being recorded in those apps. I my self have some apps that use geofencing, and I get unintended results from the gps location on my iPhone 7 wandering, while my wife's iPhone 6, running the exact same app and geofence works correctly every time.
Yeah but it's not working with an iPhone 7+ (there is no S), IPhone 6s+, 5s, iPad Pro 9.7, and also it was currently working fine and still is with the Go App on all of the exact above mentioned tablets on P4 and Inspire using Go App.

Believe me, I've done all obvious troubleshooting and then some.

Reactions: KiterTodd
I tried both Set RTH point to ME, and Follow Me on my iPad Pro 9.7 today. Works fine, no issues.

Mavic Firmware is .400, GO 4 version is 4.0.4. I am hesitant to upgrade GO 4 for fear this might break these two functions.

IPad Pro is a Verizon LTE model with 128GB Ram, latest IOS release.

Not to worry I think.
This problem thread is related to intel modems in AT&T iPhone 7 and 7 plus.
All other phones-tablets are not affected.

Yeah but it's not working with an iPhone 7+ (there is no S), IPhone 6s+, 5s, iPad Pro 9.7, and also it was currently working fine and still is with the Go App on all of the exact above mentioned tablets on P4 and Inspire using Go App.

Believe me, I've done all obvious troubleshooting and then some.
My post may have been confusing. I typed 7s, meaning "s" as in plural, both iPhone 7 and iPhone 7+ with Intel modems are having this issue. There are a few isolated cases, you are one, have issues with other models being affected, so there is hope that it may somehow be fixable by a software update. But my iPhone 6s+ works flawlessly.

I tried both Set RTH point to ME, and Follow Me on my iPad Pro 9.7 today. Works fine, no issues.

Mavic Firmware is .400, GO 4 version is 4.0.4. I am hesitant to upgrade GO 4 for fear this might break these two functions.

IPad Pro is a Verizon LTE model with 128GB Ram, latest IOS release.
Interesting. Can't decide if that's good or bad. Is .400 the latest firmware? Thanks for the update.

Not to worry I think.
This problem thread is related to intel modems in AT&T iPhone 7 and 7 plus.
All other phones-tablets are not affected.
Not true. I can't get it to work with my Verizon and Sprint iPhones or iPads.

My post may have been confusing. I typed 7s, meaning "s" as in plural, both iPhone 7 and iPhone 7+ with Intel modems are having this issue. There are a few isolated cases, you are one, have issues with other models being affected, so there is hope that it may somehow be fixable by a software update. But my iPhone 6s+ works flawlessly.
There are actually a ton of "cases", go have a look at the DJI forum. Also, I bet there is a large percentage of people that don't even know it's happening.

My friend who works for DJI was working on a P4P+ and a P4 with the same device/tab and it worked with one and not the other. I wonder if there are some and transmitters going around. So weird.

Interesting. Can't decide if that's good or bad. Is .400 the latest firmware? Thanks for the update.

No, .500 is the latest firmware. I doubt it has much to do with .400 vs .500 - I suspect GO 4 and the fact that I am two revisions back. I could be wrong however.

No, .500 is the latest firmware. I doubt it has much to do with .400 vs .500 - I suspect GO 4 and the fact that I am two revisions back. I could be wrong however.
Or you could definitely be right. Can you either post or PM the versions for all your firmwares? Thanks! You are the exception, not the rule.

I thought I did.
IPad Pro 9.7 IOS 10.2.1. Verizon LTE, 128GB
DJI GO 4 IOS - 4.0.4
Mavic Pro Firmware 01.03.0400

So I tried mine with an Android device tonight and it still didn't work. There is no doubt in my mind that my bird has a bad transmitter in it and is not receiving the GPS signal from the phone/tabs. Sorry it's in portrait.

Reactions: Marine0302G2/8
So I tried mine with an Android device tonight and it still didn't work. There is no doubt in my mind that my bird has a bad transmitter in it and is not receiving the GPS signal from the phone/tabs. Sorry it's in portrait.

One of us do not understand how this works. If I have understood correctly, the controller reads the the GPS phone/tablet from the phone and sends it to the bird. However, the controller cannot get "good data" from the phone, saying the GPS signal is too weak. The app knows where it is, showing it on the map. Somehow it is not able to send it via the cable to the controller. SW bug, I'm pretty sure. The controller and the bird communicates just fine, no transmitter issue.

Reactions: Logger
I tried mine tonight with an iPhone 6s and Ruth as controller worked perfect definitely an issue with the iPhone 7plus intel version :-(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa