DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For fine control...how does the Mavic controller compare to the P3?

wsalopek

Reactions
Hi folks,

Looked around but couldn't find an answer...

For fine control...smooth pans...etc...how does the Mavic controller compare to the P3/P4? Easier for fine control? Harder?

I lost my P3P in the ocean...trying to figure what to replace it with. I'm pretty well read on other differences and pros/cons, but I never heard anyone specifically address the controller differences as they relate to fine/cinematic control (or otherwise).

Thanks...

There are YouTube videos on these settings. The controller does have settings for expo and "dead zones" so you should be able to dial it in. I changed my expo settings for yaw, set the limits to 80% on yaw, and also slowed down the gimbal movement on mine.

Motley...thanks for that.

I was really wondering how the physical controls themselves compare...the actual sticks and dials and such.

--

Bill

Motley...thanks for that.

I was really wondering how the physical controls themselves compare...the actual sticks and dials and such.

--

Bill
Ok. sorry, I cannot help with that as the Mavic is my first DJI drone. I have owned others but just not from DJI, hopefully someone with previous DJI experience will chime in.

Pretty much the same as the P3 I had, except the 'feel' of the sticks seem to be more positive and smoother, but I really like the Tripod mode for slow smooth control.

Reactions: Jaseman007
Pretty much the same as the P3 I had, except the 'feel' of the sticks seem to be more positive and smoother, but I really like the Tripod mode for slow smooth control.
Yep. I agree. I only just picked up my Mavic and on first flight noticed that the crafts controls are quite twitchy compared to my Phantom 4 Pro. I will dial out some of that through the control settings.

I must say that tripod mode with the Mavic is awesome. It's good on the P4Pro but the Mavic seems to be heaps smoother.

The P3 controller being bigger, roomier and heavier allows for slightly finer controlling in my experience. I still press a button or two inadvertently on the Mavic because the Tx is a bit cramped being small with lots going on in all faces, but it's getting better with time.

Of course some of that comes from getting used to one or the other, and I've been using other RC (planes, copters, etc.) for yrs so the P3 feels more familiar "standard" Tx to me. High-end controllers allow for a lot of fine tuning also, not only expo and gain and FW but also physical such as the height of the sticks, which BTW the P3/Inspire Tx also has and the Mavic don't. I like features like these.

That said, DJI made a very good job in designing and engineering the Mavic Tx, it's very complete, comfortable and precise and has a very good grip with my iPhone 6S. And it's small and lightweight which are bonuses to take it to places.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura