DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those that want to use Android, yet want stability equal to IOS

CyberNate

Reactions
I found that the LineageOS based ROMs (custom firmware) work well. Team Lineage has basically taken over Cyanogen's role in providing the base OS which other developers develop on top of. For example, I use CRDRIOD 2.5 ROM on the Nexus 6P. It works PERFECTLY now, and that is a Nougat 7.1.1 based ROM (based on Lineage 14.1).

Go over to Android Forum for Mobile Phones, Tablets, Watches & Android App Development - XDA Forums and search for a Lineage based ROM for your device under the Development section of the forum. I recommend that you device be no more than 3 years old. I have also installed Lineage on my Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2 (more than 3 years old, works ok) and about to install it on my 2016 Samsung S2 9.7 (this is the newer version that doesn't connect easily to the controller in stock form).

The nice thing about Android devices is that you have more flexibility such as being able to pop your microsd card in after the flight and review your footage, or record your screen during the flight with the many screen recording apps available on Android. There is a bit of a learning curve with changing device firmware, but once you USB driver installed and get the platform tools installed which includes ADB and FLASHBOOT (comes bundled in a platform-tools bundle) you'll be ready to follow unlocking and flashing instructions.

Reactions: motard and Robbyg
Great post CyberNate.
This info should help out a lot of frustrated android users.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus