DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FORCE LANDING ?!

I have had the 'Optical sensors will be disabled when landing. Land with care' message while descending full sticks down & forward, but it never went into auto-land mode, I just thought I was descending too fast for it to stop on its own.

Hello from jakarta, indonesia.
I have the same problem too!!
bought the mavic charged everything, turn it on and there was an update, after done with the update time to fly a drone for the first time, So i turn on the beginner mode. Just incase i lost it on my maiden flight.
Turn it on it says ready fly gps green colour. Slide to fly, got it hover a couple of mins to adapt with the joystick (left right up down etc.) and i Go straight up. It stops and it start drifting because of the wind, there was a strong wind notification so i try to lower it down and it says landing!! WTF!! i was at my apartment park and it drifted towards a road!
I push the right stick forward and it looks strugling with the wind while it desending finally i get it Land safely.

I googled it and found that when you pull all the way down left stick it will auto land? So i fly again the next day this time on an empty field. Turn off the beginner mode, made it hovering arround 70m and i start to desending this time not pulling left stick all the way down but holding it like 75% and it says "landing" again.

I have my mavic for 2 weeks now and only fly arround 5 times, i even bring it to overseas business trip with me and shot a couple of good scenery with it, btw it fly perfectly unless you hold the left stick down and it start say "landing" again I have not try RTH yet or switch off the sensors, struggling with the time to play it and i only have 1 battery, now i just pull the left stick down only if i want to land.

Please this be a software glitch.
The dji warranty does not available in my country yet.
Sorry for the long post

Reactions: Randy
The full stick down in combination with what seems to be a bad downward sensor reading is what seems to be the cause here. On the first two unexpected forced landings, you had the throttle in the full down position and the downward sensors were detecting that your Mavic was 0.32 feet from the ground. I'm guessing this is being caused by either a Mavic firmware glitch or your Mavic sensors might need to be recalibrated.

I am experiencing the same issue when cruising the Mavic (DJI GO 4), left stick full down together with a bad VPS reading. Yesterday it happened twice at sunset, when flying around 300ft height, GPS mode, full forward right stick, started displaying a bad VPS reading (0.0/0.2m) and while descending (full left stick down), the Mavic started landing. When left stick is in the centre and cruising forward, in case bad VPS reading (again 0.0/0.2m) shows up, the Mavic starts ascending 0.2/0.3M/s until the VPS shows the 0.0/0.2m false reading, and stop ascending when the VPS is back to normal. My guess is the sensor(s) are to blame, same as it (always) happens when the Mavic suddenly stops when detects an obtacle (which of course is not there) cruising facing the sun. Have seen this when reviewing the screen recording (which I advise to install and have switched on before each flight) to realize what happened. In real time I just focused on getting the Mavic safely back home.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I am experiencing the same issue when cruising the Mavic (DJI GO 4), left stick full down together with a bad VPS reading. Yesterday it happened twice at sunset, when flying around 300ft height, GPS mode, full forward right stick, started displaying a bad VPS reading (0.0/0.2m) and while descending (full left stick down), the Mavic started landing. When left stick is in the centre and cruising forward, in case bad VPS reading (again 0.0/0.2m) shows up, the Mavic starts ascending 0.2/0.3M/s until the VPS shows the 0.0/0.2m false reading, and stop ascending when the VPS is back to normal. My guess is the sensor(s) are to blame, same as it (always) happens when the Mavic suddenly stops when detects an obtacle (which of course is not there) cruising facing the sun. Have seen this when reviewing the screen recording (which I advise to install and have switched on before each flight) to realize what happened. In real time I just focused on getting the Mavic safely back home.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Had the same issue today while flying at 150ft. Full stick down and it tried to auto land. Happened anytime i used full stick down while bringing it back. I'll have to watch the VPS reading next time it happens.

I just disabled all together. Or once you've experienced it a couple times, it's not as scary. Just full throttle up and it aborts the auto land.

Reactions: Chase R
I just disabled all together. Or once you've experienced it a couple times, it's not as scary. Just full throttle up and it aborts the auto land.

I have the same problem too.. false reading vps sensors. Is this hardware problems or a software bug?
And will you send it back to dji or leave it like it is and adapt to the problems??

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have the same problem too.. false reading vps sensors. Is this hardware problems or a software bug?
And will you send it back to dji or leave it like it is and adapt to the problems??

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think the problem is sensor/firmware related. And maybe a little to do with the low sun in the sky during fall/winter. My theory is that the glare into the sensor triggers the false reading. I have all sensors disabled 99% of the time except if I'm flying in really tight areas. I contacted DJI and they wanted me to send in in but I'm not going to do that. It has happened to me a few more times and I don't panic and just throttle up to abort the auto land.

Reactions: limbows
I've had the auto land problem a few times as well but always at night. After the latest App update, mine has been skipping the pause it normally has before landing too (sensors all turned on). First time I nearly slammed the **** thing into the ground. I'm going to try a sensor calibration and go again.

Still missing Mavic Pro Battery serial in iOS log which leads to flight logged to "default battery" in Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones.
So it needs to be manually re-allocated to the correct battery number. I have 4 batteries and was hoping to be able to use Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones to go through each battery equally.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones provides good info overall but since it is not in the log files, it can not be processed...
I am on iOS by the way, I have heard that Android users do not seem to have that problem...
I would really like DJI to address this very simple reporting issue, where could I open a ticket for this?

[Email Received] [Europe][Belgium][Mavic]Missing Battery Serial numbers in log files

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

Your request (535831) has been received and is being reviewed by our technical support representatives. We will contact you soon. (Business hour: Monday to Friday, from 08:30 am to 17:00 pm GMT+1:00)

Best Regards,
DJI Support

What is the difference between forced landing and auto landing?
What are the triggers for each and how can we override (if possible)?

What is the difference between forced landing and auto landing?
Forced Landing is initiated when the drone is near the ground and you hold the throttle in the full down position for about 1 second. Normally, this is the procedure that's followed when landing the drone at the end of your flight. However, anything that triggers the downward sensors (e.g. fog) could cause the drone to switch to Forced Landing mode while it's high in the sky.

Auto Landing is initiated when:
  • You tap the auto land icon on the left side of DJI GO (see the screenshot below)
  • RTH is initiated and the drone returns home and lands
  • The battery reaches the critically low and the drone lands at its current location

DJI-GO-Auto-Land-Icon.jpg

Reactions: fdewarren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada