DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forced GO 4 update in a week?

dwallersv

Reactions
Surprised I don't see anything about this in the first two pages of this subforum...

Got a notice when I started GO 4 this morning that there will be an update in a week, and in order to continue using my Mavic to it's full capacity, I will need to log in again to my account at DJI and do something after I take this update. Otherwise, the performance of my Mavic will be limited.

Anyone know what this is about? Hopefully, finally, some solid engineering on the Android version the works well with Nougat? Something else?

Same here, I got the same message

ef5f1f9eeea2caa8eafbaf096aa0e1e0.jpg

I just got that too. I wonder if, by "limited", they mean won't have access to any new features coming. Or whether the Mavic will be, somehow, less able than it is now?

Perhaps it's an update to allow compatibility with the news they have coming on the 24th? The Spark maybe?? :)

I flew this morning and didn't see that .
Whoops let me re say that...It wasn't there this morning but is Now :eek:

It might be related to the new rules of registering aircrafts in China maybe ... who knows but activating the device again raises some questions towards DJI Care for example ...

Surprised I don't see anything about this in the first two pages of this subforum...

Got a notice when I started GO 4 this morning that there will be an update in a week, and in order to continue using my Mavic to it's full capacity, I will need to log in again to my account at DJI and do something after I take this update. Otherwise, the performance of my Mavic will be limited.

Anyone know what this is about? Hopefully, finally, some solid engineering on the Android version the works well with Nougat? Something else?[/QUOTE

It really ticks me off. I couldn't be happier with my Mavic setup so I hate being forced to update my software.

You get it as mane times as you start the app it seems, so they really want us to see it

Reactions: delis7
I use a tablet and the wifi is shutoff. So I don't think I will see it but I will stay tuned to this thread to see what happens to everyone's drone. Me myself I think it will be bad for the mavic owner

Reactions: rigor and sonof40
DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates

New Procedure Requires Login After Update; Password Reset Available

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... nd-firmware-updates

DJI will soon introduce a new application activation process for international customers. This new step, to take effect at the end of next week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile.

Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

The feature applies to all aircraft (except standalone A3 and N3) that have been upgraded to the latest firmware or when using future versions of the DJI GO and GO 4 apps.

DJI encourages pilots to always follow applicable laws and regulations in the countries where they operate, and provides information about these regulations on its FlySafe website at flysafe.dji.com.

Hmm, thanks for the info. Looks rather bad for some countries ... "as determined by your geographical location and user profile". In some countries flying a UAV is not allowed, we might find owners not able to use the Mavic anymore ???

Reactions: Speedy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada