DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forward OA not working

Mavic Ray

Reactions
I got my Mavic yesterday and today I took it out for its first flight. It flew great except the forward obstacle avoidance does not work. I have it enabled, i wasn't in sport mode. I thought it might be the app (DJI Go 3) so I uninstalled it and installed the Go 4 app and still has issues. THen I thought it might be my phone but it works fine with my Phantom 4. There are no error messages and under Vision Sensor they both say Normal. Sometimes I'll get the top green bar to appear but its almost like its greyed out and it never changes to yellow or red. Also the mavic will not stop when flying at an obstacle. I did a search and could not find anything.
Any thoughts?

Ok I think I got it. I had an old version of the DJI Assistant and I managed to successfully calibrate the vision sensors with the old program. Now I just installed the newest Assistant and re-calibrated the vision sensors and now it seems to work. The old Assistant never gave me an indication that there was something wrong.

Yeah there was plenty of light and it passed all the tests. The issue must have been because I was using a version of the Assistant that didn't even support the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada