DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found lost mavic but problem!!!

srinath27

Reactions
last week, while doing a pullaway shot, crashed my mavic into woods. didn't find it at that time.
today, went back to the location, found it lying on the ground with some dirt, broken blades etc..

I took it home, cleaned, battery charged. it took off, but it wasn't hovering at 3ft but It was going up n down..
and landed itself within few secs.. I forced take off again.. took it abt 50ft high.. it was wobbling.. picture was good and clear. did the gimbal calibration, it was complete successfully as per the dji go app.

but when I actived active track, it didn't work. I could draw the green box on my app, but it was doing any. no avoidance detection as well.. and it was landing within few secs everytime I get it up. autofocus wasn't correct.. either..

I don't have dji refresh.. did someone have similar scenarios? whats the best I could do? does dji repair without refresh?

did this fix the issue though?
no.. it takes off as usuall but lands within 3secs and obstacle avoidance doesn't work nor I see the radar map on my app screen. active track doesn't track. done the IMU, gimbal reset. everything shows normal. but I don't see the front sensors and below doesn't work

here is my app screen, which is missing the radar / obstacle map

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170604-174640.png
    Screenshot_20170604-174640.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
I would recommend cleaning and calibrating the VPS sensors.

The issue could be more serious then. Sounds like it was in the woods for about a week, even if it didn't rain during that time I assume there is considerable morning dew, which may have found its way inside the mavic.
I would do the rice bag trick, then cal IMU, compass and visual sensors before you try it.

Reactions: hychewright

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos