DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

found mavic pro.... hawaii looking for owner

dirtycj5

Reactions
i found a mavic pro while hiking in the lava field kalapana hawaii.

Attachments

• DJI_0027.JPG
    DJI_0027.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 487
Reactions: paulbeumer
Guessing that is a pic pulled from the SD card? Presumably of the owner. Can't recall reading about any flyaways in Hawaii. I believe DJI would know the owner if they have the serial number.

Guessing that is a pic pulled from the SD card? Presumably of the owner. Can't recall reading about any flyaways in Hawaii. I believe DJI would know the owner if they have the serial number.

tried calling dji this morning was on hold for 20min and it still had 10 in line before me. yes the pic is from the sd card.

Reactions: junkaii
tried calling dji this morning was on hold for 20min and it still had 10 in line before me. yes the pic is from the sd card.
Try making a post over on DJIMavic forum, maybe one of the moderators (DJI-Ken or other) there can assist.

Reactions: dirtycj5
What else was on the SD card? Flight logs might give an idea as to where this person is from. I assume that this person was on vacay and lost it while there. Maybe the logs will contain mostly flights originating near his home. Just a thought.

Reactions: dewster
What else was on the SD card? Flight logs might give an idea as to where this person is from. I assume that this person was on vacay and lost it while there. Maybe the logs will contain mostly flights originating near his home. Just a thought.

only flights on the sd card are from hawaii at 4 locations. mostly over water and barren land so no dead giveaways like hotel or rental car plates.

Reactions: frankiez
The photo has EXIF data embedded in it.

Date/Time
2017-04-21 17:42:37

Located at
19 59.1277N 155 14.065W
2318 Old Mamalahoa Hwy
Laupahoehoe, Hawaii

With a little detective work, it should be possible to contact the owner of the place, and see who was renting it at that time.

Great to see someone making the effort - kudos to you!

Reactions: dewster
The photo has EXIF data embedded in it.

Date/Time
2017-04-21 17:42:37

Located at
19 59.1277N 155 14.065W
2318 Old Mamalahoa Hwy
Laupahoehoe, Hawaii

With a little detective work, it should be possible to contact the owner of the place, and see who was renting it at that time.

Great to see someone making the effort - kudos to you!

hey thanks i will check some of the outer pics and videos for the EXIF.... i didnt even think of doing this

Here's a link to some pictures of that house...it's definitely the one in the picture as evidenced by the railing and tile.

36-2318 Old Mamalahoa Hwy, Laupahoehoe, HI 96764 - Sold 11/08/2013

Built in 1963: 36-2318 Old Mamalahoa Hwy there’s a 3 bedroom/ 4 bath home perched on a cliff overlooking Laupahoehoe Point. The late artist Carolyn Steele built the house and selection of her art can be seen throughout.
Pretty good taste in places to rent! I just stayed at the Ginger Motel in Hilo, which had a fantastic breakfast, but the rest was - er - spartan in nature.

Anyway, I'm impressed with your effort. Let us know if and when he gets his Mavic back!

Great idea! VERY interested to know how this ends. If it does get to the rightful owner, I would love to see his face when he realizes that you returned it to him.

I would see the original poster do this as well. I would have contacted the listing but I don't live in Hawaii and don't have the drone, so at best I could tell the guy who owns the drone to come on here and then if the OP doesn't respond, he's still out. I would love for a happy ending, or at least to figure out how the drone owner managed to lose it.

well i have tryed contacting the realtor of the rental twice with no luck. im gonna have to give up since ive exhausted all what i can do. ill create a new craigslist add and just keep renewing it from time to time. i really wanted to unite it back to it owner but its looking slim. thanks for all the help.

Reactions: Plawa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada