DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV through Wifi

Tekgodcms

Reactions
I had an interesting conversation with a DJI rep online tonight in reference to FPV on the Mavic. I was informed that any FPV goggles compatible with the Mavic's wifi could be used. Allegedly, you would wifi link with the RC and it would have its normal connection with the Mavic. FPV would then transmit from AC to RC to Goggles. The Mavic's wifi capabilities are 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, and the remote has a 2.4 to 2.483. Anyone ever heard of this??

I had an interesting conversation with a DJI rep online tonight in reference to FPV on the Mavic. I was informed that any FPV goggles compatible with the Mavic's wifi could be used. Allegedly, you would wifi link with the RC and it would have its normal connection with the Mavic. FPV would then transmit from AC to RC to Goggles. The Mavic's wifi capabilities are 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, and the remote has a 2.4 to 2.483. Anyone ever heard of this??

I've seen You Tube videos where the end user is using an "all in one" pair of FPV Goggles to fly the Mavic Pro, via FPV. This means that the goggles have an embedded Android based operating system in them. The DJI Go4 app is installed directly inside the goggles and then tethered to the controller for flight. You have to be careful though to ensure that 1) the operating system is using an Android software version of 4.4 or higher, and that there are at least 2gb of RAM onboard. Basically, you want to ensure the computer on your head (goggles) matches or exceeds the requirements to run the DJI Go 4 app. Purchase, download and have fun :).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO