DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

From Phantom 1 to Mavic pro - Flyaway

sozi81

Reactions
Hi everybody,
thanks for looking at my post.

I have great experience with RC models (hely, plane, gliders, sail ship, submarines, bla bla)
I started with drone 4 years ago with the Phantom :) (Version 1.0) and I enjoyed it.
It was the beginning of drone story so, I have to say, flyaways (that scared me a lot) were quite frequent.
Most of the time (70%?) were due to "flyers" not very cautious and expert.. (no checks before flight) but, I believe, there were 30% of flyaway due to "drone" not very efficient (Radiocontroller, GPS, DJI NAZA versions, compass settings...bla bla).

What impressed me so much is that if I search on youtube "Mavic" and "flyaway" I have few results.
So there two chances (1) the mavic is very expensive, so few people have it 2) mavic is really good machine and DJI did very well. I had bad time (just this evening) when , once registered on this great forum, I discovered that, indeed, flyaway could occur also on mavic. I did, in fact, a little search here and .. you had some fly away ... some of which were successfully recovered via "sport mode" ? (why?)(i still don't understand).

By the way I perfectly AGREE with many users saying that (90?%) of these fly away could be avoided if "safe check pre-flight" are made. The question is - what's inside the remaining 10%? (- fly away - machine related?).

Did you ever understand when this occurred? So - could some one reassure a new "mavic" pilot?

First question: if I do not wait for "return to home" green point and acoustic voice ... what does it do? I mean, he could set the "return to home position" while flying ? is this possible?

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000