DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front arm pivots/hinges

• Thread starter Deleted member 1189
  • Start date
@Thunderdrones might tell you tony when he's on.
I don't see him at the moment so he must be flying :)

Reactions: Blades
Thunderdrones do you fix or exchange gimbals?

I do both. If at least 3 of the 5 primary components are not damaged (ribbon cable, silver cable, camera body, gimbal board, gimbal motor assembly) I can repair it. If more than 3 are damaged, I just put in a new one and keep yours for parts. I give a trade-in credit for broken gimbals depending on how broken they are and what is salvageable.

I do both. If at least 3 of the 5 primary components are not damaged (ribbon cable, silver cable, camera body, gimbal board, gimbal motor assembly) I can repair it. If more than 3 are damaged, I just put in a new one and keep yours for parts. I give a trade-in credit for broken gimbals depending on how broken they are and what is salvageable.
@Thunderdrones
I had a crash that ripped the gimbal off my mavic. I replaced the ribbon cable, silver cable, and vibration board which were all severed in the crash. The main control board, camera, and motor assembly all looked in good condition. Now I'm getting a gimbal overload error. Did some reading - found that's usually the ribbon cable. Thought maybe I damaged the new one getting it in, so I bought another one and tried again. Same problem. Do you have any advice on what to try next? Thanks!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929