DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fully charged battery? All 4 lights on

TestPilot

Reactions
Just a quick question.

I have been charging my battery from near dead for the last 3 hours or so, and the 4 lights are on, but they are not blinking at all. They are just staying on.

Is the battery fully charged?

I've read that when the battery is fully charged, all the lights will be off.

The lights should go off once its fully charged. It shouldn't take more then 90 minutes. You could take it off the charger, put it in your bird, & check battery status.

There is no way the battery is still charging after 3 hours. If you check the battery in DJI GO, I'm assuming you're going to find it is fully charged.

Someone else mentioned this issue on Reddit here. The OP noted the issue went away after charging it after another flight. Perhaps it's being caused by a bug in the battery firmware.

Mine did this yesterday after getting power cycled on a car charger too many times too quickly. Unplug it, it'll probably be powered on, power it off, re-plug it, it'll show full charged (lights off) in a minute or less.

One of mine does this sometimes, it checks out OK when installed and flies normally, usually next time it completes charge as normal.
However if you watch it near the end when it is going to stick with 4 lights on, it does an odd thing where it appears to complete then restarts for a few seconds several times.

My original battery did this today (all four lights stayed on) after being plugged in for 3 hours. I removed it from the charger and plugged it in my mavic and the mavic turned on instantly! It freaked me out a little since I didn't have the back legs opened. I was able to power it down immediately. I took it off the bird and plugged it back into the charger and all four lights are blinking in a row one at a time again.

Reactions: QuackerDamus
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom