DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fun places to fly in Southern California?

kcoleman805

Reactions
Hey fellow Mavic pilots,

I am looking for some fun places you guys have found to fly in Southern California. I am getting pretty tired of flying in Santa Monica all the time! Thanks for the help!

Kasey

Anywhere in the Desert....I know it's a drive. BLM land is open & a great place to test the features of your Mavic.
It is getting harder and harder to find places to just fly for fun.
I find most people will NOT give up there special place where they like to fly. If you advertise a flying area then everybody and there brother will show up and then it gets over crowded.
My best advice is to Join a RC/Quadcopter club and find out where they meetup and go from there.
My 2Cents.

Anywhere in the Desert....I know it's a drive. BLM land is open & a great place to test the features of your Mavic.

My 2Cents.

Where in the Desert?. How would I get there, I'm in Sylmar.

If you like mountain flying Frazier Park is the place. 45 mins. up the freeway

If you like mountain flying Frazier Park is the place. 45 mins. up the freeway

Sometimes me and my buddy go to Gorman. What off ramp should it take to fly Frazier Park's mountain?.

Sometimes me and my buddy go to Gorman. What off ramp should it take to fly Frazier Park's mountain?.
Exit Frazier Mt. Park Rd. six miles west and left on Lockwood Valley Rd. One mile to ranger station on left. 1/2 mile to Frazier Mt. trailhead. Large parking lot on right side. Great place for training and great views

I'm not sure if they reopened Steele Peak in Corona/Lake Elsinore area. It's BLM land... used to shoot there but now I believe they closed it down for shooters meaning no more shooting. But I've seen some post people go out there to go offroading. Might be a good place to fly the Mavic (which I'm thinking of visiting)

got my mavic about 2 weeks ago and also looking for areas fun areas to fly in socal, seems like there are so many restrictions. quite annoying.

Exit Frazier Mt. Park Rd. six miles west and left on Lockwood Valley Rd. One mile to ranger station on left. 1/2 mile to Frazier Mt. trailhead. Large parking lot on right side. Great place for training and great views
No restrictions to fly up there? I might need to check this place out next time i head to LA. I always pass that exit but never thought about exiting. Didn't realize there was more after looking at the map.

Hey fellow Mavic pilots,

I am looking for some fun places you guys have found to fly in Southern California. I am getting pretty tired of flying in Santa Monica all the time! Thanks for the help!

Kasey

Hey Kasey,

Hope know if you got a few interesting place to fly!

I am living near the USC, and it's not far from santa monica, I am currently really desire to find some friends to play the mavic together.

Sean

I sometimes fly around San Gabriel reservoir/mountains. I live in SGV so it's pretty local to me.

Anthony.

It's just of the 39. Just north of the Morris reservoir. Not sure how best to describe it other than to search for it in google maps which should find it.

Long Beach is a great place to fly with lots of interesting focal points.

Down at the Pike there are two large parking structures, if you park on the top floor you can great reception with little to no interference from other buildings. Taking off is a bit tricky because of all the rebar in the concrete so you get some magnetic interference at take off and landing.

You can drive down to the Queen Mary and fly from there. It's very open and you can get the same focal points.

You can also drive down Ocean Blvd and find a place to park literally anywhere between downtown and the Belmont Pool. This is great if you want to get beach footage. Look up the "100 days of summer" calendar from the City of Long Beach to find out if there will be beach events. You may or may not want too many people in your footage, it depends are what your after.

The police don't usually hassle you. Fly smart and fly safe to avoid any questions or phone calls to the cops about disturbing the peace.

Down at the Pike there are two large parking structures, if you park on the top floor you can great reception with little to no interference from other buildings. Taking off is a bit tricky because of all the rebar in the concrete so you get some magnetic interference at take off and landing.

You can drive down to the Queen Mary and fly from there. It's very open and you can get the same focal points.

You can also drive down Ocean Blvd and find a place to park literally anywhere between downtown and the Belmont Pool. This is great if you want to get beach footage. Look up the "100 days of summer" calendar from the City of Long Beach to find out if there will be beach events. You may or may not want too many people in your footage, it depends are what your after.

The police don't usually hassle you. Fly smart and fly safe to avoid any questions or phone calls to the cops about disturbing the peace.

I'm in the long beach area a lot but hesitant to fly there because of getting hassled. There's always people downtown. But I guess I'll give it a shot next time. Maybe fly the Spark as its smaller.

We're headed to Vegas this weekend so planning to fly the Seven Magic Mountains.

I live in dt long beach also. So many heliports. I hope to fly soon in dt lb but also want to the signal hill area

anybody ever fly near Vasquez rocks? or is it not NFZ bc its a national park? always loved the rock structures there...
Vasquez Rocks is an LA County Park. I know of no problems with them. I drove by them yesterday (twice) but was worn out after a fairly quick turnaround at Red Rock Canyon State Park. While tempted, getting back to Orange County pulled me harder.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE