DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy Tab S2

VegasDisplays

Reactions
I keep seeing a lot of people having good luck with the tab s2 (8") so I bought one and I've been working all day to get the controller and the tablet to connect with each other. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I tried using different cables, I tried taking the wifi off, turning debugging on, uninstalling dji go 4 and reinstalling it. Is there a process I'm not following correctly or something????
It works fine with my galaxy note 3.
Please help!

Reactions: wolfmad
I keep seeing a lot of people having good luck with the tab s2 (8") so I bought one and I've been working all day to get the controller and the tablet to connect with each other. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I tried using different cables, I tried taking the wifi off, turning debugging on, uninstalling dji go 4 and reinstalling it. Is there a process I'm not following correctly or something????
It works fine with my galaxy note 3.
Please help!
Did you unplugged the stand device cable from the left side of the remote controller?

It should work fine, when you say unplugged you do mean completely removed from the controller yes? Then power the controller on after? Also, is there an option in the drop-down to select how the device should behave when connected (Charge/Transfer Media etc.) Have you confirmed that the cables work ok by connecting he tablet to a computer? Cannot think of anything else apart from what you have already done :-(

Yea I don't understand, someone else said they had the same problems connecting but others say it works great. It has to be something in the tablet settings but I don't know what I'm missing.

I can't imagine what it could be, I'm using a short USB cable I had laying around the house in the bottom port at it connects fine?

I've got the s2 9.7 as well as the Note 3 and haven't had any issues unless I forgot to unplug the other device cable. Sorry can't provide any more advice.

I can't imagine what it could be, I'm using a short USB cable I had laying around the house in the bottom port at it connects fine?

Your tablet USB is set to charge only go into settings and change

You might have to enable developer options to make that adjustment I don't remember because I don't have a android anymore , but I'm sure it's you USB settings that's holding you up

Reactions: lweekspors

You might have to enable developer options to make that adjustment I don't remember because I don't have a android anymore , but I'm sure it's you USB settings that's holding you up

I have my usb settings to RNDIS (USB Ethernet) and USB debugging turned off. Wireless turned off and no default program using the usb. I think I may just return it and get an ipad mini (not happy with that).

I'm going to do a factory reset on the tablet and start over. I'll run a firmware upgrade on the mavic and the controller too. Should I just load dji go 4 or do I need to install go and go 4?
Also, does it matter if I turn the controller on then plug in the tablet and start the dji go app?

I plug the controller into my tablet, then start the controller ,then the mavic. I've been running djigo without any issues , I haven't tried go4 yet .

Maybe it's this model 713 running Android 6.0.1. My note 3 works great and it's Android 5.

I think it may be a problem with the "new" Tab S2 8.0 model 713. I just received mine today and I could not get a connection. I tried everything. Then I reconnected my S6 Edge Plus and had no problems.

Can anyone running the tab S2 without issue let us know if you have the older 710 model or the new 713. Thanks

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Thanks Laura. I just tried my larger Tab S2 9.7 Model 810 and it worked fine. It's weird because they are both on Android 6.0.1 and the 713 doesn't work but the 810 does.

Now I don't know what to do...Wait for DJI to support the 713, or get something else. I have a strong aversion to Apple products so my options are limited. I just love how the 8.0 S2 fits perfectly in the controller.

Thanks Laura. I just tried my larger Tab S2 9.7 Model 810 and it worked fine. It's weird because they are both on Android 6.0.1 and the 713 doesn't work but the 810 does.

Now I don't know what to do...Wait for DJI to support the 713, or get something else. I have a strong aversion to Apple products so my options are limited. I just love how the 8.0 S2 fits perfectly in the controller.
Glad to help, could you possibly find a store that still has a old version? I just got this tablet from a local fredmeyer store last week, and I dint even know they had a newer one. So I would think some are still available.

Reactions: hiwese1
Vegas - I'm going to call DJI support to let them know DJIGo isn't working with the Tab S2 713. If you do the same it may make them more likely to address it.

Vegas - I'm going to call DJI support to let them know DJIGo isn't working with the Tab S2 713. If you do the same it may make them more likely to address it.
I'm going to email support and let them know, but they're probably going to say its a Samsung issue in their settings. I got mine at best buy and was planning on returning it and looking for a different version. I really like this tab s2 though.

I also emailed them. The only way I can get it to connect is if I reboot the tablet every time turn on the controller.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser