DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

General Settings Question: Manual Focusing

Mem

Reactions
There are three settings under general settings that I have questions about. I apologize in advance if these are covered elsewhere, but can't find a discussion anywhere.

1. Peak Focus Threshold. DJI indicated this was to focus better, but no comprehensive answer.

2. Enable Manual Focusing Toggle. Does this permit auto focusing as with the pre Mavic cameras and enable/disable spot focusing? Has anyone tried it?

Last edited:
I also have questions about these settings.

1. Peak Focus Threshold: Can be set to None, 70%, 80%, or 90%.
Does anyone know what this setting actually does?

2. Enable Manual Focus: I'm guessing that leaving this disabled means that the camera remains in fixed-focus mode.

3. Long Press Action: Can be set to either "Gimbal Control" or "Focus". But long press of what?

I wish DJI would help us out by issuing better (or any) documentation covering some of these more obscure configuration settings.

Reactions: NickRno77

3. Long Press Action: Can be set to either "Gimbal Control" or "Focus". But long press of what?

I'm hoping this means that you can switch the gimbal control wheel on the remote to slide the focus smoothly when in manual mode. Personally I think it would be better to leave the gimbal as-is and switch focus control to the camera settings dial.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

1. Peak Focus Threshold: Can be set to None, 70%, 80%, or 90%.
Does anyone know what this setting actually does?

2. Enable Manual Focus: I'm guessing that leaving this disabled means that the camera remains in fixed-focus mode.

I wish DJI would help us out by issuing better (or any) documentation covering some of these more obscure configuration settings.
For number 3, basically you are using your finger to move the gimbal up and down. try it! Tap and hold on the screen and then move your finger up and down, the gimbal will follow it.

There are three settings under general settings that I have questions about. I apologize in advance if these are covered elsewhere, but can't find a discussion anywhere.

1. Peak Focus Threshold. DJI indicated this was to focus better, but no comprehensive answer.

2. Enable Manual Focusing Toggle. Does this permit auto focusing as with the pre Mavic cameras and enable/disable spot focusing? Has anyone tried it?
1. This shows you what is in focus by using red highlights on the screen in the app (don't worry the red highlights won't be recorded)
a4c64e36e87e0b347866843f6d9f3eda.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme