DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Get out and fly!

Former Member

Reactions
It's officially the summer here in the USA, and warm weather abounds. If you havent flown your bird in a while, it's time to take a break from your busy schedule and get out and fly! Charge your battery, do a preflight, and go have some fun. Before you know it, the cold weather will be back, and its just much easier to enjoy your Mavic when it's warm out.

Last edited:
This may not apply to everyone ;)

woJuk6y.jpg

I'm writing this response on behalf of all us with Broken Cloud touchers (mavic pro)

Love to but.our bird's are OOS.!
Please injoy your bird's and post pictures for us whom can't.
We will get back service permitting.........................................C

Aaarrrrggghh Don't remind me about flying! Just had a hip replacement last week and no flying for weeks. ( we're lucky if we get a couple of good weeks weather in Scotland for summer)

Short summers in Scotland?

There's another good picture for this - 'I love summer in Scotland - this year it was a Wednesday'. It's been warmer recently but the winds have been wild so I've not been able to get the Mavic out at all, so far I've been able to get it out more in winter although hanging about with the Mavic when it's freezing it's not great.

John

Unfortunatly for us here in the desert the so called winters are the flying weather. Unless you like broiling out in the sun :p

In kansas we could fly year round temp wise, but the dang 30+ winds that blow 3-6 days in a row don't help us at all! Oh, and a 30+ wind here is called gusty!

I fly at-least once or twice on both of my days off every week, here in South Dakota the summers are short and the winters are long, I will be flying my Mavic in the winter no doubt, I've taken my P3 out in low teens in the winter time and I intend to with the Mavic. Either way it doesn't matter what season, i'm flying.

In kansas we could fly year round temp wise, but the dang 30+ winds that blow 3-6 days in a row don't help us at all! Oh, and a 30+ wind here is called gusty!
I feel your pain, its always windy here in South Dakota too. There's hardly a day that the wind is below 10mph, most of the time its around 20mph. At-least i've learned that the Mavic can handle wind.

Reactions: ceirsik
I feel your pain, its always windy here in South Dakota too. There's hardly a day that the wind is below 10mph, most of the time its around 20mph. At-least i've learned that the Mavic can handle wind.

That's one of the reasons I got it. It can handle 30mph winds.. it may not like it and can be scary at times but it does good.

Reactions: Kestrel
It's officially the summer here in the USA, and warm weather abounds. If you havent flown your bird in a while, it's time to take a break from your busy schedule and get out and fly! Charge your battery, do a preflight, and go have some fun. Before you know it, the cold weather will be back, and its just much easier to enjoy your Mavic when it's warm out.
Mavic performs very well in cold temperatures -35 for sure

I would love to get out and fly more! If only this stupid rain would stop. Rain's in the forecast here through next Wednesday and it's rained almost every day for the past month. My granddaughter affectionately refers to my back yard as Lake Mentone.

Reactions: ceirsik
Yeah, just love getting into those hot cars in the summer! I limit my flying to mornings and just before dark in the summer. I tried to fly with my goggles one afternoon and I was sweating so bad my glasses were fogging up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom