DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal auto calibration

Reactions
Hi everybody. Weird things happened after gimbal cal. The gimbal dial doesn't work anymore and there is red striping on the camera when using the DJI app. The red stripes don't happen with the Litchi app, but the gimbal dial doesn't work on this app either. I indoors, atti mode, 9 satellites. When I look at the pics after taking a picture. There is no red striping.
c7becd3ee12d4226a1e7c68bd0e02a3b.jpg
a33c8f2c39cc69b25c2452f3622db82f.jpg

I think the lines are a setting for the camera. It highlights areas for exposure. I forget the name or where its at.

Eta: on second thought i dont think that's what it is. That feature is more of a black and white texture on over exposed parts of a scene.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

I would recommend reinstalling the latest firmware, or revert to previous firmware and then reload current using the DJI Assistant 2 software for PC/Mac. This has fixed many reported camera issues and will be the first thing support will want you to do.

Fixed! Self error on gimbal dial. It would not move because I set gimbal pitch smoothness to 30. For the red stripes. Uninstalled and reinstalled DJI app. Hope this cam help somebody else out

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi everybody. Weird things happened after gimbal cal. The gimbal dial doesn't work anymore and there is red striping on the camera when using the DJI app. The red stripes don't happen with the Litchi app, but the gimbal dial doesn't work on this app either. I indoors, atti mode, 9 satellites. When I look at the pics after taking a picture. There is no red striping.
c7becd3ee12d4226a1e7c68bd0e02a3b.jpg
a33c8f2c39cc69b25c2452f3622db82f.jpg

Hi, The red strip is the focus peaking , it shows what areas are in focus by using red strips. It does not show up on the photo, it's just a tool to assist in focusing. You can switch it off or set to 70 , 80 and 90% focusing. Think it is in the camera or video setting. Look for the word "peaking".

i read a while ago that the red areas are to indicate areas of 'camera in focus'. They will only appear on the screen but not in the final image

Yup definately focus peaking. Its a handy feature to see if your shot is in focus. You can put in on zero til 90%.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair