DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal calibration stalls at 77 %

G284L

Reactions
I did an IMU calibration restarted the MP did a joystick calibration and attempted gimbal calibration after 77% it timed out, several attempts made. Restarted RC, app and MP same result. After 5 a 6 tries it calibrated. Any ideas, thoughts, Thanks.....

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Same happened to me a day after a crash. No obvious damage but looking closer there is an L shaped bracket attached to the rear of the gimbal which should be under the fixed metal bar not floating on top. Amended this and recalibrated gimbal, worked first time. Before fix my calibration was getting stuck on 77 or 78%. This issue also causes jello on footage. Hope this helps. If not same issue you may want to downgrade f/w and retry

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

I had the same issue the day after a minor crash. Gimbal calibration kept failing around 73%. I tried several other remedies as suggested in other threads, but did not have success with them. However, I was finally able to get my gimbal to successfully calibrate by powering of the MP and playing around with the gimbal. I found that the side-to-side panning rotation was physically sticking when I rotated it. I just carefully worked that axis motion back and forth by hand, about a dozen times, until finally the rotation stopped sticking and became smooth. I powered the MP back on, ran the gimbal calibration, and it succeeded first try.

I suspect that what happened was some dust or small debris got into the motor and was jamming it, physically working it free was all that was needed.

Hope this might help someone else!

However, I was finally able to get my gimbal to successfully calibrate by powering of the MP and playing around with the gimbal. I found that the side-to-side panning rotation was physically sticking when I rotated it. I just carefully worked that axis motion back and forth by hand, about a dozen times, until finally the rotation stopped sticking and became smooth. I powered the MP back on, ran the gimbal calibration, and it succeeded first try.

I suspect that what happened was some dust or small debris got into the motor and was jamming it, physically working it free was all that was needed.

Hope this might help someone else!

Were you seeing shake / vibrations in your footage before being able to successfully calibrate?

I have lots in mine and calibration fails around 30%, I've had no crash and only flown once.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61