DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Disconnected?

So I tried the "airplane mode" function on my iphone 7 plus and had one full battery flight successfully ran without any issues. Am I a DA and overlooked some rule for cell phones to be on air plane mode?

Got the same problem.. Didnt even change my sd card ?? First day I tried.. camera worked really perfectly... 2nd day.. Gimbal Disconnected... When i connect my controller to iphone 6 .. I see the camera view.. after few seconds i got dark grey screen and message Gimbal Disconnected... This is really annoying...

So you think the solution is to try in Airplane mode?? I try tomorrow.. Really hope it works.. I leave on holiday in 10 days and i really hope I can use it .. :((([/QUOTE]

Yeah throw it on airplane mode.

It has to be something with the data because I tried my iPad Pro and i do not have to put it on airplane mode for it to work. I am coming from a P4 and part of the reason why I got the Mavic is so I could be mobile (phone use) but oh well I guess. Shoulda considered a karma maybe?

Also posted this on the DJI forum:

Ok, so this is the strangest thing.

As I was packing up my Mavic to get ready to ship back, I replaced the 32GB microsd card that I had in there with the card that came with the Mavic....and it started working again. WTF?

I checked the 32gb card in my pc, and it seemed to be fine. Even ran a scan on it. To see if that was really the cause, I put the 32gb card back in the Mavic, and the gimbal became non-responsive again.

I put the 16gb card back in, it started working again.

WTH? Should I still send it back? Should I just not use that card? I'm not sure what to do at this point.

This was also my experience this morning. I have been using a 64 GB card very successfully. This morning, I got the "gimbal disconnected" message in my "status" when turning the MP on. I think I found my issue. Maybe it will help others. (I was dreading having to send in for a gimbal repair).

It was the SD card. Through reading this thread and a couple of others I did some testing.

My camera had power and the gimbal did it's normal thing during startup. There was video on my iphone, but the camera was continually trying to focus. There was also no camera control.

Replacing the SD card worked. All is back to normal. Here's what I think was the problem.

I had used the card very successfully. I usually pop it out of the MP and using an adapter, plug into a USB port on my laptop (PC) to copy them off of the card. While doing this, I changed the name of a couple of files on the SD card to make them more meaningful. It's after doing this and inserting the card back into the MP that I experienced the problem.

The MP would no longer recognize the card. Another card would work fine. (so would leaving the card slot empty). I popped the SD card back into my laptop and simply deleted the files that I changed the names of. Once done, the card was fine in the MP and I was able to "format" it again. I believe that it would have been fine without the formatting, but wanted to start fresh.

I am fairly confident that this has been fixed.

I think the "gimbal disconnected" message is misleading in this case.

Same issue. The drone fly's fine, but I have no video feed.
From my control I can press the record button and it shows on the remote that it is recording. But still no feed on my phone or in my flight records.
Was working fine the first two flights. Now nothing.
I'm on holiday in Europe and was hoping to enjoy some nice flights.
Just need help with the video feed. Help please !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170602-210623.png
    Screenshot_20170602-210623.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20170602-210628.png
    Screenshot_20170602-210628.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20170602-211026.png
    Screenshot_20170602-211026.png
    530 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20170602-210842.png
    Screenshot_20170602-210842.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 11
Same issue. The drone fly's fine, but I have no video feed.
From my control I can press the record button and it shows on the remote that it is recording. But still no feed on my phone or in my flight records.
Was working fine the first two flights. Now nothing.
I'm on holiday in Europe and was hoping to enjoy some nice flights.
Just need help with the video feed. Help please !
I would remove the SD card to see if your video feed returns. This will tell you if it's related to the SD card.

Problem fixed! I had to use the originally USB cable to connect my phone to the control! Thanks !

Also posted this on the DJI forum:

Ok, so this is the strangest thing.

As I was packing up my Mavic to get ready to ship back, I replaced the 32GB microsd card that I had in there with the card that came with the Mavic....and it started working again. WTF?

I checked the 32gb card in my pc, and it seemed to be fine. Even ran a scan on it. To see if that was really the cause, I put the 32gb card back in the Mavic, and the gimbal became non-responsive again.

I put the 16gb card back in, it started working again.

WTH? Should I still send it back? Should I just not use that card? I'm not sure what to do at this point.

I have experienced the exact same thing; disconnected with my 64GB card and no issue at all with the 16GB... any explanation ?
Stéphane

I have experienced the exact same thing; disconnected with my 64GB card and no issue at all with the 16GB... any explanation ?
Stéphane
I experienced similar oddities as a result of an SD card. once I figured this out, and let the Mavic control everything on the SD card I have had zero problems with it

A FIX. I have found the same solution. I flew the Mavic Pro yesterday, mounted the MSD via a card reader in my Mac and changed some filenames in the finder before downloading the files. Today the MP would turn on and fly OK but there was no proper connection to the camera/gimbal. The screen picture was blurred and I could not tilt the gimbal on RC or wifi connections. I realised that I had a Gimbal Disconnected message and reading this forum I tried to format the MSD card only to find that the MP could no longer recognise it and thought there was no card. I put in a different MSD card and formatted it and all was fine. I re-formatted the original card in my Mac and it is fine now too and was able to be re-formatted by the MP.
The message saying Gimbal Disconnected is very misleading. It implies that there is something wrong with the gimbal or camera or radio link. The error message should give a warning that the SD card may be faulty so I hope someone in DJI sees this!

A FIX. I have found the same solution. I flew the Mavic Pro yesterday, mounted the MSD via a card reader in my Mac and changed some filenames in the finder before downloading the files. Today the MP would turn on and fly OK but there was no proper connection to the camera/gimbal. The screen picture was blurred and I could not tilt the gimbal on RC or wifi connections. I realised that I had a Gimbal Disconnected message and reading this forum I tried to format the MSD card only to find that the MP could no longer recognise it and thought there was no card. I put in a different MSD card and formatted it and all was fine. I re-formatted the original card in my Mac and it is fine now too and was able to be re-formatted by the MP.
The message saying Gimbal Disconnected is very misleading. It implies that there is something wrong with the gimbal or camera or radio link. The error message should give a warning that the SD card may be faulty so I hope someone in DJI sees this!

yup, this is what I found about a year ago...... see post #22 above. How an SD card issue manifests itself as a gimbal problem, I don't know! But at least we can solve it....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S