DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Error

mw174620

Reactions
Video below. My gimbal will not get past initial calibration, error is gimbal motor overload. It starts up, moves up down, then stops pointing down and to the right. I have read of the numerous other users with somewhat similar problems, but the only difference I believe is mine doesn't turn left right during the calibration. Just up and down.

The video feed still works fine, so I do not believe the strand cable is damaged. Would the consensus be that the ribbon cable is damaged somewhere?

Send it in to DJI. They will fix it for you.

I'm almost certain based off my last flight they will claim pilot error. It took a pretty hard landing. I'll be sending it to you if I don't hear back from Crutchfield today. I'll PM you later.

Thanks for the help.

Hi. Turning on the Mavic in vertical position do the same result??!

Hi. Turning on the Mavic in vertical position do the same result??!

Yes. I have tried every orientation.

It ends with camera pointing the same way every single time.

Something I should point out, it does not turn the camera left or right during calibration. Only moves up and down.

My mavic is doing the same and I did have a hard landing recently. Should I take it in to get repaired?
If so where and will it cost much?

Yes. I have tried every orientation.

It ends with camera pointing the same way every single time.

Something I should point out, it does not turn the camera left or right during calibration. Only moves up and down.

I would use thunderdrones. he replied at the top of this thread. I paid him to fix mine, quick turn around and better price than most anywhere else you could go. Also, price is going to depend on what broke. Sometimes it is just the ribbon cable, sometimes it can be the entire gimbal. Those prices vary largely. You can send to thunderdrones and he will assess the damages and let you know a repair price, before he proceeds with fixing it. If you have a warranty or DJI Care, go through that first probably. DJI will prob say pilot error and charge you though, in which case Thunderdrones is a better deal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54