DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Horizontal Tilt

blurfonz

Reactions
I have this issue... This only happened after the latest firmware. I can overcome this by adjusting Gimbal Roll to as much as +1.5. Gimbal Calibration countless time but it will never be straight . The funny thing is when I downgrade the firmware to 2 version back. I can do a perfect calibration!

I notice that on the latest firmware, the gimbal calibration stuck at 73% for a long time.

This video shows my problem.

Anyone faces this issue?

I made calibrations, no stuck for me.
I have this problem when rotates, but after it get back horizontal.

I'm having the same issues after the latest firmware. I adjust with gimbal roll, but it is still not level.

I seem to be having the same issue... Fly up, horizon looks perfectly straight (calibrated with - 0.2) then as i go through turns the image goes wonky. Never had this issue with my P3P. The wind was up a bit but not too crazy, not sure what else could be affecting it. I think it did happen on my first MP too... anyone worked out a solution? seems the gimbal cant handle quick movement...

It does seem to stay wonky for a while too, doesn't resolve straight away...

Does anyone not experience this issue at all or is it a characteristic of the mavic? Trying to determine if I return it or not

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I seem to have that issue as well. Starting a flight and most of the times I feel there is no issue with the horizon. Keep flying, do some steep turns and then I start to feel that there is a need for calibration (horizon not level). The funny thing, I then try to adjust gimbal roll but I can't get a feeling that I managed to level it (using always sea level for comparison). After a while I feel again there is a definite need for re-adjustment. Have already tried gimbal calibration on a level surface.

Hmmm, seems it's definitely not unique looking around on this forum, some suggest it came in as an issue with the latest firmware, I am hoping that is possible, would rather not have to exchange again... anyone on the new firmware not experiencing any issues as we're suggesting here? Could a bad compass calibration or imu calibration cause this? I did the gimbal one on a dead level surface 3 times now

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I've seen this with winds. If I face north and it's tilted to the left, rotate 180 to the south, and now it's the other way. It's a slow change. Seems to me that the system is doing its best to keep it level but is not perfectly counteracting the tilt due to wind.

It's an interesting idea, but mine will still be slow to correct in my house when testing so I'm not sure its the cause...

Tried the firmware roll back, appeared at first to be better but alas it was not in the real world, mini clip demonstrating the wonky horizon whilst yawing followed by true up here:
, and before I'm asked its in 'follow' not FPV... looks like she might be going back...

Also noticing this on my current video's. What is the easiest way to correct the gimbal while in flight?

There's a theory that in wind the Mavic slowly adjusts what it thinks it true horizontal which is a flaw but likely a software one rather than Hardware. That said i did change my Mavic in the end and the new one is better so maybe some are more prone than others.

There's a theory that in wind the Mavic slowly adjusts what it thinks it true horizontal which is a flaw but likely a software one rather than Hardware. That said i did change my Mavic in the end and the new one is better so maybe some are more prone than others.

I absolutely believe it's software. It was fine until about 2 or 3 firmware updates ago.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej