DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal malfunction solution

Strmchzr

Reactions
Had some really great flights (no hard landings and nada crashes) the first couple months w/ my Mavic... Unfortunately, the "gimbal gremlins" have ruined my good times and have grounded my Mavic..

I'm getting the same "Aircraft motor overloaded - check whether gimbal clamp is removed". I'm assuming the ribbon on gimbal is to blame, but not sure how to determine if replacing ribbon is the final solution to getting my Mavic airborne again or not? I noticed a slight glare on the edge of ribbon (attached pic) that I'm assuming is a minute tear that's almost invisible to the naked eye.

IMG_0195.jpg

I'm not the most technically inclined person, but I have basic tools and ability to follow directions, so I would assume I can replace ribbon myself.

Is there anything else I should check or be looking for to ensure ribbon is culprit and replacing it will solve my problems?

Thanks in advance to anyone offering insight that will get my Mavic back off the ground!

Thanks @Anthony Viscomi for the mention.

Yes even a tiny tear in the gimbal flat ribbon cable could cause the overload error. Most times, if you are getting the error message, the gimbal will misbehave and either not come back to center, or become erratic.

The only way to really know if it's the ribbon that's causing your error, is by replacing it and then seeing if the error message goes away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya