DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor back cover; be careful when applying gimbal lock

Former Member

Reactions
I might have posted this before, but try to be careful when inserting the gimbal lock as it could damage the rear cover of the motor. Ive received a few Mavs this way with the cover already broken in transit.

I thought the P3 gimbal lock was a pain to get n but this one doesnt stay on well and can cause damage.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Mine came from DJI all ready broken and made its way inside the AC. Had to send it back to DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Isnt that crazy? For that $10 part to have to return a perfectly good drone. If it was a normal company, they would have sent you the replacement part and all it takes is 2 screws to install it.

Yeah mine came broken as well looks like the screws were over tightened I haven't sent it back yet, do you think the part well ever be available?
a4eaf78aaaf1ccfded290cdc85e090e1.jpg
1952c2a39ac57e95ef21732b97f5e87d.jpg

Yeah mine came broken as well looks like the screws were over tightened I haven't sent it back yet, do you think the part well ever be available?

I dont think DJI will ever make it available as a standalone part. You can remove the 2 screws, glue the pieces back together, and screw it back in. At least the wires will be protected.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonof40
Mine is cracked also. Just like Thunderdrones JPEG 2. Was thinking of super glueing it- is the piece just a wire guard?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11