DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Gimbal Motor Overload" after changing batteries

looopson

Reactions
Has anyone else ever seen this when in between your flights you changed the batteries? I turn off the Mavic, pull out the dying battery, replace it with a fully charged battery, and turn back on the aircraft.

On the app, it briefly shows "Gimbal Motor Overload" and suggests checking to see whether the clamp has been removed. Then, it quickly disappears...

I wonder if I should let the drone cool BEFORE turning it back on with the new battery? It never shows the message the first time I fire up the aircraft for the first flight.

As far as I can tell, the gimbal has been working just fine!!

I downgraded to .400 firmware because I was getting the NFZ error messages. I have never calibrated the IMU but I have calibrated the gimbal several times and it has always been successful.

Last edited:
this exact thing happened to me on friday last week. i flew the drone - nice sunny day and no wind. i got a gimbal overload error out of nowhere!? i havent crashed it, wasnt doing anything i shouldnt, wasnt putting it under any sort of stress. i managed to safely land it and i left it to cool down - popped a new battery in and its been fine ever since!! My feeling is that this must be a software bug!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000