DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Gimbal Motor Overload" error message - what's the verdict?

looopson

Reactions
I am still receiving this error message when I fire up the drone about 75% of the time. The error message quickly disappears. There is actually a type-o in the error message: It says "Check whecher" instead of "Check whether". With all of the bugs with DJI, I am a bit skeptical that I have a real issue here. My gimbal has been calibrating fine and I've done it several times now. No issues moving it around either.

Does anyone else get this error message quite frequently and then it disappears?

While observing the gimbal up close, I notice I left a sticker on it from when I first purchased it.

20170520_225744.jpg20170520_225744.jpg

I am wondering whether I need to remove this. I doubt it's playing a part in the error message though.

You can remove the film, you have nothing to lose and it might make your error message go away. Thats the yaw motor cover, and rarely gets scratched or damaged on it's own during flight or transport. Just do it gently but firmly and make sure not to put too much tension on either the black flat ribbon cable or the silver stranded cable. They tear easily.

Do you get it when it's set on a clear hard surface? I only got that a few times trying to take off on grass, which was blocking the gimbal during start up....

Ian

Do you get it when it's set on a clear hard surface? I only got that a few times trying to take off on grass, which was blocking the gimbal during start up....

Ian

I have received it on all types of surfaces. Carpeting inside, grass, parking lot asphalt... it's one of those things that makes me wonder whether I should contact DJI... I have no issues now but I don't want to run in to a problem down the road and regret not doing it when it was new.

Well, IMHO it shouldn't be happening if there is absolutely nothing obstructing the gimbal. If you're getting it regularly, the gimbal is obviously working harder than it's designed for, so it may well burn out or fail at some point in the future....

The gimbal makes a clicking sound when I boot up the Mavic Pro and the gimbal is going different directions. Not sure the clicking sound is normal. It only clicks once during the moving around of the gimbal and then straightens out to look straight ahead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54