DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Motor Overload

budfroggy

Reactions
Morning Everyone!

So, last night i was flying and accidentally hit the side of my house. 110% my fault, looked away for a second and then boom. Didn't hit too hard, but dropped about 4ft and now i am getting the gimbal O/L error. I just want to make sure i cover all basis before i send it in the DJI. I am running the most current versions of GO and Mavic F/W. I tried calibrating the gimbal through the GO app, but when i click it, it does nothing. Visually, the gimbal and camera look fine, the tabs are still connected with the rubber bands and the plate is seated below that "L" clip. Are there any other steps i should try before i send this out. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

When you turn it on does the gimbal go through its normal range of motion? Are you getting an image in DJI Go? Does it fly?

When I turn the AC on, it goes through it's boot sequence but at the end it stops forward and tilts down a little bit and if I leave the AC on, it will randomly try and reset gimbal. I do have an image on my screen and focusing works and yes, it still flys like a gem. If I try to use the gimbal tilt dial it does nothing also.

With the Mavic off, try gently panning the gimbal up and down with your finger. Do it gently, it's very sensitive. There may be an obstruction in there. Doing this may clear the obstruction.

When I turn the AC on, it goes through it's boot sequence but at the end it stops forward and tilts down a little bit and if I leave the AC on, it will randomly try and reset gimbal. I do have an image on my screen and focusing works and yes, it still flys like a gem. If I try to use the gimbal tilt dial it does nothing also.

Your gimbal pitch motor might have gotten damaged. Not much you can do aside from sending it in. Do you have refresh?

With the Mavic off, try gently panning the gimbal up and down with your finger. Do it gently, it's very sensitive. There may be an obstruction in there. Doing this may clear the obstruction.

Just tried. No go. However, when I tip the camera down it goes the arm all the way to the stop that you see on the left side and when I pan it up, it stops before it reaches the end. Is that normal or is it supposed to go all the way each way

Just tried. No go. However, when I tip the camera down it goes the arm all the way to the stop that you see on the left side and when I pan it up, it stops before it reaches the end. Is that normal or is it supposed to go all the way each way
Does it stop it when it points straight forward? If so, then yes. You can pan it up further if you enable the additional 30 degrees upwards panning in the settings. That does start to make the props more visible however.

It does like there is some kind of obstruction. You may be able to just jiggle it loose by repeating the slow up and down movements with your finger while it is off.

It does like there is some kind of obstruction. You may be able to just jiggle it loose by repeating the slow up and down movements with your finger while it is off.

Maybe I'll just keep playing with it in hopes. If not, I'll send it out.

Be careful. Gimbal overload means just that. Something is causing undue load on your gimbal, probably the faulty pitch motor. If you continue to use it, the motor might overheat and then cause the gimbal board itself to fail. Ive seen it happen many times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929