DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overload

60d3ffe7abba9107905c78e35af21f4c.jpg

This is a still image from my flight back in. Obviously gimbal was not straight.

Had the error and when i brought it to me, it was in a hover and i noticed the gimbal was tweeked a bit.. the small "bump or notch" at the bottom of the gimbal/camera was stuck to one side.

Landed turned it off redid a gimbal calibration and it did it again.

Took it home to take a closer look and it it looks fine so im gona redo all the imu,compass,gimbal resets tmrw and see what happens. I need this at the end of march so hopefully all will be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hi. Any news about this? I have the same issue. Have made the calibrations and the bird start working fine but it's been a consistent problem. I'm thinking to send it back to DJI. ☹️

Hi. Any news about this? I have the same issue. Have made the calibrations and the bird start working fine but it's been a consistent problem. I'm thinking to send it back to DJI. ☹️

None yet. Lastnight took my props off recalibrate the gimbal started it. Moved it left and right with a bit of force as if it was in the air doing it. And it was straight.

Took it up about 8' this morning moved left right etc and gimbal stayed in position so i think its fixed.

Tmrw ill take it up and run some actual flight tests/panning/ etc and see what the verdict is.

Trying to imagine why a gimbal overload occurs ...?
My guess/logic tells me that as a Base point the imu has to to perfectly calibrate horizontal and vertical axis based on its internal gyros and the reference level you provide when the calibration is performed..
If they are wrong...during imu initialisation when the drone is powered on the gimbal will "potentially" try to exceed it movement limits and overload...same situation might occur in flight when the aircraft is compensation for gusty winds or sudden change of direction....so this is my theory only but I think it fits?

Good flying

Sent from my SM-G900F using MavicPilots mobile app

Hey all, I have a Mavic Pro only used a few times, no crashes, now getting gimbal motor overload warning and no tilt control over gimbal.
Have checked threads here and it is sitting seemingly in the right position, tabs are all connected and above black plate, but it Knicks the chassis of the bird as it is calibrating.

Any suggestions?!?

Cheers!
I got the same problem with mine in less than 30 days, so disappointed with this product. I have to ship mine to DJI and wait till who knows when. BTW I waited like 45 days to receive mine because it was a pre order.

It is a common problem with Mavic Pro. Mine broke after about 4 hours flight. I am sending mine back for repair.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143