DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Motor Overloaded, The drone has never been crashed

xbox360

Reactions
I have this error in my Drone, please help me, Anyone have the solution to this problem?
The drone has never been crashed
I have the last firmware.
I calibrated the gimbal too and remains the same.

I do not know, I just know that this happened to me after a trip to Medellin,
I started my drone and I had this error, and I update the firmware and
and the drone remained the same, with the same error

I'm having a similar issue. Mine keeps sticking towards the right like yours is too. It seems the motor can move to the left at the start for me, but once it goes right it can't come back. I was running firmware in the 300s, can't remember which one. I tried 500 and 600 and I get the same exact thing. Worked just fine last time I flew it and it suddenly is doing this after getting off a plane.

I've tried IMU calibration and it doesn't make any difference. Gimbal calibration fails obviously. I can't focus either.

I'm having a similar issue. Mine keeps sticking towards the right like yours is too. It seems the motor can move to the left at the start for me, but once it goes right it can't come back. I was running firmware in the 300s, can't remember which one. I tried 500 and 600 and I get the same exact thing. Worked just fine last time I flew it and it suddenly is doing this after getting off a plane.

I've tried IMU calibration and it doesn't make any difference. Gimbal calibration fails obviously. I can't focus either.

Are you getting the "gimbal motor overload" error message in DJI Go?

Was the guards in place when traveling ? Did you ever start up the mavic an forget to remove guard too? Either one can damage its small drive . Also check that it's seated properly in housing . (All tabs under dock)

Good luck

I had the same issue right out or the box. When I received the mavic the gimbal lock was off and I think it got jostled in shipping. just make sure to have your gimble lock on during transport.

there are lots of gimbal issue reports. its a defect need to open and RMA and talk to DJI. they replace them.

I had the same issue right out or the box. When I received the mavic the gimbal lock was off and I think it got jostled in shipping. just make sure to have your gimble lock on during transport.

My gimbal lock was also not installed properly on arrival.. Fortunately mine seems to work fine.

I am having the exact same problem. Mine came from the factory this way back in March. Updated to the .550 firmware and everything was working fine. Update to .600 and everything was fine for a couple of weeks and then suddenly the gimbal issue reappears. I'm tempted to downgrade to .550 again.

Reactions: Soundtekk
Yes, getting the same error that he showed in his video.
I just turned on the drone to do dome checks before I fly tomorrow, and I am also getting that same error on my mavic. Does anyone know the issue?

Reactions: Mr.H
I think it's something with the Mavic's gimbal. I haven't had the issue, but a blade of grass produced that error. Plus my gimbal is facing rightward when the craft is not powered.

I noticed that my Mavic gimbal was facing rightward during my last flight. I kept adjusting the flight path thinking that the craft was not flying straight. I'll have to calibrate the craft and see.

I RESOLVED THE ISSUE,
I changed the Ribbon Cable of the Gimbal , and it's worked fine again.
I use this video to replace the cable

And it is my mavic now

I RESOLVED THE ISSUE,
I changed the Ribbon Cable of the Gimbal , and it's worked fine again.
I use this video to replace the cable

And it is my mavic now

I wonder how much DJI would have charged you to do that! I get that error message briefly when I turn my drone on but then it quickly disappears. Gimbal calibrates fine... buggy

Where did you get the replacement parts?

Yeah this looks like my issue and the video cable is bent and catching on the gimbal arm. This has to be a design flaw? When are they going to admit and recall? Very bad design.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters