DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overloaded

RoodSquirrel

Reactions
Hi, I've sadly joined the list of mavic pro customers with the gimbal overloaded message, I was wondering before I order, do most of these issues get fixed from just replacing the flex cable? Or is it best to send off? If so how much am I looking at?

Thank you

Did you have a crash and are you getting any other error messages? Do you have Refresh or other insurance?
Yeah pal :( Crashed it into my garden fence and it fell about 1M. There is no physical damage to the drone except a few scratches and stuff. No damage I can see to the gimbal. And sadly no insurance or refresh. I also get an error about the visual positioning being off

I have had the gimbal overload message from day 1. Usually what I do is pick my bird up, let the gimbal move around a bit, set it back down and it goes away.

I have no refresh but I am still under warranty so not sure if I should be doing something with it. It works just fine, I just get the error upon start up.

I have had the gimbal overload message from day 1. Usually what I do is pick my bird up, let the gimbal move around a bit, set it back down and it goes away.

I have no refresh but I am still under warranty so not sure if I should be doing something with it. It works just fine, I just get the error upon start up.
I have no control over my camera though. I cannot move it up or down and it randomly flicks about. The camera feed works perfectly as before but the gimbal is broke by the looks of it

I have no control over my camera though. I cannot move it up or down and it randomly flicks about. The camera feed works perfectly as before but the gimbal is broke by the looks of it

You probably need a flat ribbon cable, to start. Are you looking to DIY? The good news is that you are still getting video feed.

If youre not getting any other error messages, and it is working, wait until near the end of your warranty period then send it in and let them fix it.

Your sensors might just need to be recalibrated.
Ill give that a go, could that be because of the crash? As they did work before the crash but after the front ones arent working. The bottom one seems to be working though. There is no damage to the cameras or lens on the front.

Ill give that a go, could that be because of the crash? As they did work before the crash but after the front ones arent working. The bottom one seems to be working though. There is no damage to the cameras or lens on the front.

Yes you can try recalibrating w DJI assistant. If they don't calibrate, take a look at the ribbon cables that connect the vision sensors to the gimbal board once you get it open. One of the ribbons or sensors might have gotten damaged.

Reactions: RoodSquirrel
Yes you can try recalibrating w DJI assistant. If they don't calibrate, take a look at the ribbon cables that connect the vision sensors to the gimbal board once you get it open. One of the ribbons or sensors might have gotten damaged.
I will do when the stuff comes tomorrow and ill get back to you, thank you for the help man

Keep on it!
Update; I installed a cable I got off of amazon with no luck. The cable looks identical to the one on fstops labs expect as im in the UK I could get next day delivery whereas I don't know how long it would take to be delivered from fstop labs. Im pretty sure others have had the same issue i've had with the amazon cables but I thought id give it a shot anyway

Any gimbal movement at all? What error messages after new cable install?
It does the moving up and down and side to side at the beginning, then it just stops moving and wont respond to any commands to move. Still getting the gimabl overload message

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N