DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overloaded

Yeah, then entire gimbal/camera is quite hot
Also, just turned it on again. It does seem to be acting differently. beforehand it only ever went up and down. Now it does move to all angles it just does not respond to commands still. Also it seemed to of made a strange high pitch squeal before which it never used to make. It only happened for a second or two max

It could be the cable, or could be the motor assembly. I just think that motor has had it.
Ah okay, well ive ordered a different cable off of a company with better reviews. It will be here Monday so i will try that and if it still doesn't work I will send it off. I will keep you updated pal

This is the orignal cable I bought: MyArmor Soft Ribbon Repairing Cable PTZ Motor Flat Flex Cable for DJI MAVIC Pro Drone: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games
There is only one review but the one review did say that it didn't work for him either. So that one is being sent back for refund now.

And this is the new one I got: RC Part For DJI Mavic Pro Drone Flexible Gimbal Flat PCB Ribbon Flex Cable Layer | eBay

To be honest I don't have high hopes as externally they both look identical. I'm just going off other users reviews and the new one has been used by a YouTube user who said it worked for him, whereas someone said the other didn't for him.

I know most users say that the fslabs ones are the best but as i'm in the UK the delivery takes a while and i'd rather send it off than waiting so long for a delivery.

Maybe you see something I don't in the new cable I ordered but maybe I just got unlucky with the first one

Have the same problem. I don't dare to replace the flat ribbon cable myself.

Is there anyone who can repair this problem in Singapore?

Thanks! :)

It does the moving up and down and side to side at the beginning, then it just stops moving and wont respond to any commands to move. Still getting the gimabl overload message

I have the same issue, my drone droped from 2 meters gimbal problem.
See picsIMG_8880.jpgIMG_8881.jpg

So. I repaired the cable again and it seems to of fixed the gimabl issue. My gimabl is now stable expect I get the following issues and cannot move the gimabl up or down via the controller

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170626-193233.png
    Screenshot_20170626-193233.png
    659.1 KB · Views: 42
Its quite hard to see on the camera but I think I found the issue maybe? I was just checking all the cables and noticed this on the F1 Gimbal cable? (top left corner) I must of done damage when putting it all together. Could this be causing the error messages?19532648_10213684009561459_611162657_o.jpg

If you mean the damage to the pins, yep! Those pins on the connector will cause an error if even 1 gets bent out of shape. You can replace that ribbon cable which goes from the top of the gimbal to the board.

If you mean the damage to the pins, yep! Those pins on the connector will cause an error if even 1 gets bent out of shape. You can replace that ribbon cable which goes from the top of the gimbal to the board.
I got a new one of them cables coming tomorrow. Fingers crossed this finally sorts out my baby so she can fly again! :)

Last edited:
Hope it does.
Sooooooooooooo this is getting a joke haha! The gimbal is fully working now after replacing the F1 cable. When all of a sudden my camera is now flickering blue lines? The camera works perfect fine just every second or so a blue line flicks across the screen?

Heres a video so you can see what I mean. I suspect maybe i've somehow damaged the ptz cable too as last time I viewed the camera when the gimbal was broke I never had this issue. Anyone think it could be the PTZ cable too?

Hope it does.
Iv'e repaired the LVDS cable. The flickering seems to still be there now just the blue lines have became purple? Any idea what else could be causing the flickering video? The gimbal works perfectly now, once I sort this flickering issue it'll all be fully repaired

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato