DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal obstructed

leesmavic

Reactions
Yesterday was my first flight after firmware update. I've had some strange gimbal behavior. First it gave me an error during bootup sequence for several times. After the second bootup after the same obstructed gimbal error I've initiated gimbal auto calibration. It went through just fine. Another reboot and yet again an error. I took off nevertheless.
During flight there were some jitter movements recorded on the resulting video. I'll cut those in a video later.
During an inspection after the flight I took a close look at the gimbal for the first time to be honest1490528052398.jpg. There are two screws that look as if they are loose. I wonder if it is done so on purpose or is it something specific to my device?

There are two screws that look as if they are loose. I wonder if it is done so on purpose or is it something specific to my device?
That's as designed.

Reactions: leesmavic
Here is a link
There are a bunch of things that made me be cautious following that gimbal error. While I do understand that shaking is normal during a slowdown like on seconds 8-9 and 18-19, I am worried about the tilting on seconds 1-2 and 21-22.
Those horizontal lines in seconds 4-5 and 11-12 are there because of the sun?

Hi all. (Edit : )The gimbal on my Mavic was knocking against the metalwork above it during the first few seconds of the start-up phase. It was behaving in a destructive manner like a conker in a game of conkers. The Mavic conker problem has now been fixed thanks to the UK DJI recommended repair centre. I believe that they had to install a complete new gimbal. Many thanks to the UK repair centre

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121