DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal overloaded message

highcrow

Reactions
My first flight went really well without single issue. Then 4 days later, when I started Mavic, I got gimbal overloaded message on my RC. I restarted both RC and Mavic, then everything worked fine. I am just concerened about the message. Never dropped, bumped, nothing. I always stored my Mavic with the gimbal cover and the holder.
Any advice on this issue?

I bought a hard case and I put Mavic on the case. I have never taken off Mavic from grass

Any advice on this issue?
It sounds like a glitch in the software/firmware. Check that you're running the latest version of DJI GO 4 and that you have the latest firmware installed. If you already do, then I wouldn't worry about it unless the problem keeps reoccurring.

Thank you for the advice.
The firmware is the latest so I will just need to see whether it will happen or not.

I think the gimbal has some issues. I remember the first gimbal calibration on start up was smooth no weird movements.
The 3rd time when I turned on my Mavic, the gimbal stuck in an angle and made loud ticking 2 times, and gimbal was shaking those 2 times, then settled. No error message and it recorded fine, but its not normal. Ill ask DJI for this issue. Lets see what they say about this.

Mine does give the overload message once in a while, but works well even when it did. Seems to depend how flat the aircraft is when pwoered up, at some angles the gimbal will reach its end point earlier during the init and the message appears, with no consequence though.

I.e can be ignored IMO.

I have been started Mavic only on a flat surface... Ill keep posting updates here once I hear from DJI.

It sounds like a glitch in the software/firmware. Check that you're running the latest version of DJI GO 4 and that you have the latest firmware installed. If you already do, then I wouldn't worry about it unless the problem keeps reoccurring.
It seems to me that the gimbal is one the hardest working parts on the Mavic along with being the most fragile. I have yet to see many guidelines from DJI as to how to treat the gimbal. Any suggestions from members in the know?

So I tried the gimbal calibration, and everything works perfect. I also got taco rc ND filters, and I put on them on the gimbal, and all works fine. So if you guys get weird movement from the gimbal when start, but you do not get overload message, try to calibrate it. It works for mine. Just let you know guys that I only got the gimbal overload message when I started it 2nd time. I do not know what happened, but now after the calibration, all working fine. Cheers.

Hum...ok, so when I turned on my Mavic, the issue came back. I contacted DJI, and they said do IMU calibration. I do not think it has anything to do with IMU calibration, but I did it anyway. So far no issue, but lets see how it is in a few days. DJI told me if the issue still comes back after IMU calibration, then send it to DJI for repair. I will keep undating here with my issue.

Hello guys, just an update. So I sent my mavic to DJI, and they confirmed that the gimbal control board needs to be replaced. They replaced the board, and I received my Mavic today just now. All working good, but since it's raining here I have not fly it and test real footage. I will fly it when the weather is good, and check my footage, and let you guys know again. So far so good.

Hum...ok, so when I turned on my Mavic, the issue came back. I contacted DJI, and they said do IMU calibration. I do not think it has anything to do with IMU calibration, but I did it anyway. So far no issue, but lets see how it is in a few days. DJI told me if the issue still comes back after IMU calibration, then send it to DJI for repair. I will keep undating here with my issue.
I had the same issue and DJI had me do the IMU and compass calibration and it mostly went away. I have it now with the PolarPro filters on.

Hello guys, just an update. So I sent my mavic to DJI, and they confirmed that the gimbal control board needs to be replaced. They replaced the board, and I received my Mavic today just now. All working good, but since it's raining here I have not fly it and test real footage. I will fly it when the weather is good, and check my footage, and let you guys know again. So far so good.
Dang. Wonder if I need a new board too. When did you get your Mavic? I got mine November 20th.

Dang. Wonder if I need a new board too. When did you get your Mavic? I got mine November 20th.
I ordered my Mavic on Nov 2016, and I received it on Jan 2017. I flew 4 times total, and each time was only 10min fly. The camera worked beautifully, it flew beautifully. Only the gimbal was making ticking noise 2 times and shaking 2 times. They fixed it now, and they also changed some settings on the newest app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair