DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal problems & Video quality

The Mavic Pro

Reactions
As i thought i would have problems with this DJI product, like every other DJI product. Or can i somehow fix the problems in the video?

When i fly sideways the gimbal moves shortly in a roll motion when the craft comes to an stop, and when i fly the craft and make yaw turns the horizon that is normally horizontally leveled becomes sometimes non leveled, as well as the same short roll movements as in sideways flying.
Also when its comes to an stop after a yaw rotation it briefly goes back to the opposite yaw direction again.
And maybe there is also jello and that the gimbal is generally not smooth at all in its movements?
I have done calibrations and also a gimbal calibration and obviously it didn't help at all.
The wind was about 17 mph (8 m/s).

Also the picture quality doesn't look good to me, i have hit the screen for it to focus and all video settings is on auto.
I can also sometimes hear a short abnormal sound from the gimbal unit when i hold the drone in my hand and move it in the yaw direction, this is when the craft is on but the motors are not running.

Please take a look at the video and tell me what you see, and if and what can be done to fix these problems.

Gimbal sound at 5:0 - 10:0 seconds in the video.

I´m so disappointed in this thing.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Any opinions on the video about what you think looks abnormal?

Last edited:
I'm.having the exact same issue and gimbal squeaking noise. Couldnt manage to resolve it in any way (firmware, calibration). I think its a defective gimbal

Sad to hear guys. Only thing I can think of is reinstall the firmware after you tried tot reset en recalibrate the gimbal. If that all does not work it might be a "Monday-Morning" unit you have received and send it back within warranty time.

Happy Flying
Brewsky

Had the same issue with the horizon going wonky after turns... gave up and took mine back, new one due Tuesday so I'll let you know if it's any better

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada