DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Randomly panning full down while flying with no input.

Parsons256

Reactions
Hi Everyone
Recently I have been having an issue where my gimbal will randomly Pan full down and back up with seemingly no input when in the air and my C1 mapping does not appear to work in the air when selected.

I have the Camera down function mapped to both the C1 and now the 5D UP button for testing. On the ground both buttons do what they are supposed to do and pan the camera down and back up fully. This works over and over.

In the air I have noticed that most of the time if I press my C1 button it does nothing. The camera does not move or do anything. And then randomly during flight the gimbal will start panning down and back up again. It is almost as if there is a very delay with the C1 button when I am up in the air. It appears to be minutes after I have tried pressing the C1 button that my gimbal starts freaking out. I can hear a beep on my phone after every press and it works fine on the ground when the Mavic is initially powered up.

Interestingly enough the 5D button appears to work fine for this function both in the air and on the ground.

In my testing I was 50m up with a clear line of sight in an open field, winds were light. I have performed a gimbal calibration, along with a compass and IMU calibration with no luck .

I am currently running the most recent firmware and I am using DJO GO 4 on a SamsungNote 3

If anyone might have some insight into what could be causing this I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Chris

Mine does the same when I am out 1.2 miles. Once I fly towards myself it stop and works properly again. What version firmware you using?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1