DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Reset

lord_roman

Reactions
Gm all,
Yesterday my gimbal stop moving, Is there a way to reset the bird to it's factory state to see if that clears the gimbal. When using the dji app it tell me the gimbal is obstructed and it will be restarting the gimbal movement.

You can reset the Mavic firmware from the DJI Assistant 2 application. It's available on the Mavic downloads page.

Reactions: lord_roman
do you solved the problem?
same promblem here. gimbal obstructed warning couple flights after firmware update. did land smooth as usual.
when i start the mavic the gimbal moves very fast from one side to the other and is making a unusual loud "clack" sound as it "smashes" into the end points.
watched the dji pre check video and the gimbal is installed properly. hope it is a software problem. can't reverse the firmware at the moment because i'm in the middle of namibia at the moment and internet is slow.
reset the mavic to factory defaults in the dji assistant app didn't help.

Reactions: Hans Nieuwenhuis
After about 20 successful flights my video started going crazy. After looking at flight log it shows gamble control going haywire when I never touched it. This is with latest firmware that came out last week. Any Input?? Scared to fly now. Hoping it won't migrate to flight controls next. Happened about two minutes into flight

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

i have the same problem - Gimble is spinning from front to back with a clanking noice. I updated the firmware while the gimble was going crazy the whole time. Restarted and still have the problem. I've been on hold for 45 minutes and there #41 in chat Que.

Just got off support - they seem to have never heard of this problem. He is having me calibrate the IMU and gimble.

Oddly, when I picked up the Mavic to fold the legs, The gimble finally stopped bouncing around. So now I don't know what fixed it. This happened before I calibrated.

Last edited:
Have you found a solution? I got my mavic exactly a week ago and today the gimbal just stopped working. it doesn't move at all, it doesn't even look like it tries to...

Mine started working by just lifting it up - VERY strong and worried that I don't know what fixed it when I am on a shoot. IF you call they will probably have you recalibrate the IMU and Gimble.

Reactions: FLwaverunner
I fired up the Mavic again and the problem is back - very frustrated. They don't seem to know of this problem. I was told that if the IMU and Gimbal recalibration doesn't work - send it in. Gimbal recalibration did not even complete - says it is obstructed.

I manually adjusted the gimbal forward while lifting in the air and it fixed itself. I don't know if this will premaritally fix the problem. I will post otherwise.

I had this problem as well with the Gimbal obstructed error, and then found out that the wiring for the gimbal actually snapped underneath and I have only had my drone for 3 days :'( I guess have to use my Refresh, wish I could pretend I didn't know and get it replaced without my refresh getting used

I had this problem as well with the Gimbal obstructed error, and then found out that the wiring for the gimbal actually snapped underneath and I have only had my drone for 3 days :'( I guess have to use my Refresh, wish I could pretend I didn't know and get it replaced without my refresh getting used

Why would this not be a warranty (not refresh) issue?

Even if not warranty, why would you use a refresh rather than have it serviced? Wouldn't you like to reserve the refresh for a serious problem?

Turning upside down did not work for me. I am sending it in under warranty. If they claim otherwise, I will respond when it returns. They are estimating 5-7 days plus ship days. plus the 2 days it takes them to email me my mailing label.

My Mavic was returned to me from DJI in about 2 weeks. They actually gave me a brand new drone with a new Serial number (I had to register it as well) All covered under warranty.

Reactions: FLwaverunner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S