DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Roll problem even after calibration - Should i return for replacement?

shafiq786110

Reactions
Hi All
I've noticed this seems to be quite a common problem but the gimbal on my mavic is not level.
I have to correct it via the adjust gimbal roll setting.
I've only flown it once and it's in the initial period where I can return it for a replacement but I wanted to get some more opinions on the problem.

I've got 2 videos of the problem, the first shows the drone's first flight, where you can see the horizon is level initially and then as I turn the drone around the horizon drops. I'm not sure if it's clear on the video but you can also see some vibration on the video at 19s and then again at 57s. It seems the problem occurs after this vibration.

I've tried autocalibration which does, for a second, fix the roll on its own but then the gimbal just tilts again almost immediately, see the second video.

My question is do you think I should return the drone for a replacement?

Thanks!
Video 1: Initial problem when flying

Video 2: DJI GO Gimbal Autocalibration

This is quite normal.

After a rapid pan, the Mavic will slowly correct the horizon (as yo can see in your video) but this takes a few seconds, during which time the horizon will be squint.

This is not a significant issue as such a rapid pan does not make a pleasant video. During a smooth, slow pan, the Mavic will keep up much better with its gimbal adjustment.

This is quite normal.

After a rapid pan, the Mavic will slowly correct the horizon (as yo can see in your video) but this takes a few seconds, during which time the horizon will be squint.

This is not a significant issue as such a rapid pan does not make a pleasant video. During a smooth, slow pan, the Mavic will keep up much better with its gimbal adjustment.

Thanks for the reply. The problem is the gimbal doesn't correct at all. It stays tilted all the time now

I agree, that's nowhere near normal behaviour. After a rapid yaw movement you might get a tiny bit of correction back to level but nothing like what you're getting. I would chat to DJI, do what they tell you to do and if that doesn't resolve, regrettably I would send it in. Things like this never resolve on their own.

Normal. The houses are on an angle. Horizon looks crooked due to it. Fast pan will throw the Gimbal off. Takes a few seconds to correct.

Normal. The houses are on an angle. Horizon looks crooked due to it. Fast pan will throw the Gimbal off. Takes a few seconds to correct.

They may be at an angle but if you look at the second video you can see Street calibration a straight horizon and then the obvious drop to an equal horizon

Hi everyone.. my mavic pro gimbal seems to have a problem. sometimes it shakes a lot. i think it is a hardware problem. everything seems to be normal as far as it concerns with its position. sometimes it stacks and doesnt move. i ve made the calibration but it didnt fix.

Just as a quick update, I sent my one back to the shop (who are the UK national suppliers) and they confirmed a hardware fault with the gimbal and replaced the drone straight away.

i think i ll do the same because it is new one. only 3 hours flight.. i bought it from a retailer in greece. i ll contact them for a replace...

i think i ll do the same because it is new one. only 3 hours flight.. i bought it from a retailer in greece. i ll contact them for a replace...

Definitely. Mine was under a month old and only flew twice. Because it was bought less than 30 days ago we just get a replacement. Doesn't even need to go for a repair.

For the record, the panning issue was due to a quick pan but the horizon was definitely a hardware issue and DJI themselves have confirmed this is a known fault and say you should RMA if you have a similar problem.

thank you very much for your advice. the mater is that i use it for work and that is a big problem.. Dispite that the new dji go 4 app seems to crash often. But this is another thread mater..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots