DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Shaking

dacoco

Reactions
Hi,

as there are so many bad Mavics out there i decided to keep mine although the edges are a little bit soft.
I also accept that the horizon is way more instable / wind sensitive than it was with the P3P.

But what about this gimbal shaking? Is it "normal" or is this a defective gimbal?

1) Shaking when stopping the Mavic (not every time, but it provokes it) SECOND 13

2) Shaking while flying (not very often, but happens too) SECOND 3

This happened about 4-5 times in 2 days of flight time while using 4 batteries. So it's not really that often and there are very good scenes too (also in sports mode) but when it happens on a good scene it is really annoying.

What about you? Do you have the same? Can it be fixed by firmware or is the gimbal defective?

Thanks
Daniel

Do you have any filters on? Possibly a gimbal overload?

Reactions: Budmancan
Firstly I doubt there are so many bad Mavics around. Just in this forum you will find a very biased selection of people posting - the ones that have issues. The other 97% just enjoy their toys.

Secondly I cannot see any shaking at second 13. It happens with mine when stopping out of sports mode full throttle - and I think is reasonable. How fast were you going? With or without wind?
Yes, filters can add to the problem...

I can hardly see his, not too bad at all. Mine is really bad to the point that I am going to roll the dices and send it in. I've had this issue for a while now, my Mavic has never been crashed or mistreated in anyway. I treat it like I treat my girlfriend.

I had everything setup correctly for the cinematic look, Polar Pro ND 16 Filter mounted. Turned on the Mavic, passed calibration, no error messages on the display. Manual settings as recommended by the book and EVO at 0.

Two different issues in this post. The ops posted video looks great except for the "stair stepping" of the exposure changing. This is normal for the Mavics smaller camera. How do you get around that? Get the image looking how you want and then switch to manual mode. This prevents the exposure settings from changing and causing this clicking look to the video.

For the second person, there's nothing good about that. The only thing I can figure is that there are weird wind currents occurring causing the Mavic to bobble and with the added weight of the filters it's lagging in adjusting. Is it ok without filters?

With respect to sport mode, the gimbal will hit its mechanical stops on hard braking; this is normal also. It will appear as a kick during the transition to stop. Wind can effect this also.

Last edited:
Hi dmeyers7,
the exposure changeing is not my problem here. I know how i could get rid of that, but that's not the thing.
Even when stopping in Sports Mode there are scenes where this kick or shake doesn't appear. The car follow vid was at very low wind speeds and at slow speed.

@ElGuaipo: wth - send it it :(

@Egika: Then look again :) it's there. As mentioned before in this post, not much wind and slow speed.

@Aerial-Pixel: Nope. No filter mounted.

I too had the soft Edge. Contact dji and now it's in for repair. I Will not accept a drone at this price class with faults. Nobody should keep it with faults. Sure it sucks to wait but they need to figure out What is going wrong with the gimbal/camera.

I can hardly see his, not too bad at all. Mine is really bad to the point that I am going to roll the dices and send it in. I've had this issue for a while now, my Mavic has never been crashed or mistreated in anyway. I treat it like I treat my girlfriend.

Every once in a while mine will do that.. All I do is bring it down and do a Gimbal calibration.. It has never failed to correct itself after the calibration..

I would check the seating of your gimbal mount, make sure the back of the mount is under the tab and not sitting on top of it. That would cause that shake in your video.

I would check the seating of your gimbal mount, make sure the back of the mount is under the tab and not sitting on top of it. That would cause that shake in your video.

Could you provide more details or pictures how to check that?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters