DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal slightly drifting left

RallySoob

Reactions

I noticed this occurring after i had the mid flight gimbal reset glitch occur the other day. Its never been dropped, crashed, damaged in anyway. I handle it like I would the flux capacitor or a nucleur device lol

Now my picture drifts left and here is short video example. It does this even with the Mavic on the ground before starting the props up so i got down and looked closely but could not notice any movement; almost like it is happening inside the camera itself or maybe digitally? Weird.

I have had 0 issues in over 100 flights/200 miles (20hrs+) with exception of compass redundancy error and both these occurred shortly after the latest firmware update. I fly almost every single day so the issues in the latest update seem evident to me or else its a coincidence in timing

Note i have done compass and gimbal calibrations. Both successful but now i need to connect to pc/mac to update vision system through dji assistant per the status condition message in dji go app interface. Im having issues downloading dji assistant on my mac currently working through that.

Also note the mavic itself seems to drift to the left just slightly when flying forward. Very slightly but still noticeable. And when i back off throttle hard to let it auto brake from a fast flight, it will drift about 4ft left while doing the braking process.

Also on 4k playback i noticed that the grass looked super weird like rushing water when flying fast 5ft above the ground which it never did before. Obviously its the update right?

Last edited:
I'm having a very similar issue which I keep meaning to start looking into properly, my Mavic also seems to be moving slightly like your video although otherwise it seems to behave itself. I'm not on the latest firmware but I did get a stick error a while back and I think that's when my drifting started although I'm not sure, I did eventually manage to complete a stick calibration but the feature seems a bit wonky on Android at the moment as the dots you're meant to follow don't seem to move properly then the calibration lags out

John

I noticed this occurring after i had the mid flight gimbal reset glitch occur the other day. Its never been dropped, crashed, damaged in anyway. I handle it like I would the flux capacitor or a nucleur device lol

Now my picture drifts left and here is short video example. It does this even with the Mavic on the ground before starting the props up so i got down and looked closely but could not notice any movement; almost like it is happening inside the camera itself or maybe digitally? Weird.

I have had 0 issues in over 100 flights/200 miles (20hrs+) with exception of compass redundancy error and both these occurred shortly after the latest firmware update. I fly almost every single day so the issues in the latest update seem evident to me or else its a coincidence in timing

Note i have done compass and gimbal calibrations. Both successful but now i need to connect to pc/mac to update vision system through dji assistant per the status condition message in dji go app interface. Im having issues downloading dji assistant on my mac currently working through that.

Also note the mavic itself seems to drift to the left just slightly when flying forward. Very slightly but still noticeable. And when i back off throttle hard to let it auto brake from a fast flight, it will drift about 4ft left while doing the braking process.

Also on 4k playback i noticed that the grass looked super weird like rushing water when flying fast 5ft above the ground which it never did before. Obviously its the update right?

Hi,
Have you had any improvement with this? I'm having the same issue, tried downgrading fw to .0400 but still the same. I've gone back to .0600 but yet to test.
Thanks

Try doing a IMU and Compas calibration. For that do it away from metalic objects or concrete
/ rocks. That will help out

Try doing a IMU and Compas calibration. For that do it away from metalic objects or concrete
/ rocks. That will help out

Thanks for the advice. I've been avoiding an IMU calibration as so many have said don't do it unless absolutely necessary...
I better drink some cement..., and harden up!

Flew two batteries yesterday on 0600 and still gimbal drift. Sometimes is solid but mostly drifts to the left very slowly, but noticeable. I like to take bracketed photos for processing and differences can be seen in the resulting composite. I.e. Soft image. Wish me luck with the IMU calibration...

Flew two batteries yesterday on 0600 and still gimbal drift. Sometimes is solid but mostly drifts to the left very slowly, but noticeable. I like to take bracketed photos for processing and differences can be seen in the resulting composite. I.e. Soft image. Wish me luck with the IMU calibration...
I am also having this same problem. Have you figured out the issue?

I am also having this same problem. Have you figured out the issue?

Hi, no not really. It seems more stable with the latest FW, but not really solid. One thing I've noticed with FW.900 (not sure if it did it before) is when first powering up, when in ATTI mode it is still, as soon as it gets GOS lock and switches to GOS mode it instantly drifts to the left...

I really do not mean to hijack this thread but its the only one I could find in search results that is close to my issue.
Yesterday I took the Mavic out for a few packs.
1st pack everything went well.
2nd pack shortly after taking off I was hoovering about 30 feet off the ground just before I started out
and noticed and error "System Error Check App" on the controller screen so I checked the app but there was nothing showing at all.
So I landed, shut down the Mavic and the controller and then powered everything backup. Hoovered like before and everything seemed fine.
Proceeded with my flight but shortly afterwards I started noticing that the Camera/Gimbal was slightly pointed to the left.
It was not drifting, it was about 2 degrees facing left.
Later on during the review of the video I took I noticed that during the end of a Yaw execution
that the camera/gimbal jerked slightly to recenter. I can provide a short clip later once I get home from work.
I believe I was yawing to the right when this occurred.
From this thread and other research most everyone stated to do a IMU and Compass calibration to see if it corrects.
Thoughts?
Since I have owned the Mavic (about a month or so) I have not upgraded the firmware (yet), it has never crashed or even collided with anything
and I have never forgotten to remove the gimbal lock :)

If it's any consolation, mine does the exact same thing, in exactly the same way immediately after getting GPS lock and then when in the air it drifts verrrrrry slowly after any yaw change until it finally centers. Makes it a pain to have to wait for the gimbal to stop moving to take pictures. And this is September 2018 and they still haven't worked it out in the firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S