DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal vibration abnormal

billybrm

Reactions
HI folks. New to this site and new pilot. Had minor crash in tree yesterday and now warning flashes gimbal vibration abnormal. Does anyone know how I clear this or is it a send to repair pain?? Many thanks

Just done this check and it seems secure, however the thin black ribbon seems to be sticking out more or maybe I haven't noticed the ribbon before. Only had it a week :) I did fly it again after noticing this warning and she seemed to function fine but noticed occasional blur on screen. Appreciate your reply many thanks

Just done this check and it seems secure, however the thin black ribbon seems to be sticking out more or maybe I haven't noticed the ribbon before. Only had it a week :) I did fly it again after noticing this warning and she seemed to function fine but noticed occasional blur on screen. Appreciate your reply many thanks
Make sure the lens is clean and not scratched and check your focus.

Reactions: billybrm
There are some really cool videos on youtube that cover just about everything, do a search and enjoy.
Regards,
-d.

I had the same problem after a crash.. my gimbal is vibrating occasionally (like a cellphone in silent mode) thus causing the blur on the screen. It also gets extremely hot so much that I cannot keep my finger on it. Been told I need to replace the whole cam/gimbal assembly. Just waiting for to find someone selling.

image.png The black Gimble mounting bracket has a small L shape hook the the Gimble assembly must rest on. If you crashed ur Mavic head on, it's likely the Gimble assembly was thrown off this hook. Gently put it back in place and ur abnormal vibration may be fixed.

Brilliant - thanks! I managed to crash twice on Day 1. First time using RTH it went straight up in the air, hovered and then came down on a tree! Tumbled in to a nettle thicket which I waded into, got stung and found it - lights blinking away. 2 props damaged. Replaced them and took off again, only to have one fail about 15 feet in the air - this time plonked straight to the ground and I thought the game was up. But, one more prop damaged and a small plastic corner broken off the starboard stern rotor arm (stop) - easily glued and back up in the air this morning! However, despite flying perfectly in quite a high wind, "warning gimbal vibration abnormal".. As you described, had come off the hook - so I hope when I go out again after lunch it will be "as new".. One tough piece of kit this Mavic!
Lesson 1 - always start off in the middle of a large unpopulated space not near trees or animals or .. anything.
Lesson 2 - when replacing props, make sure they are really properly secure.
Lesson 3 - Don't use RTH, or wait till the battery goes low when it returns automatically - unless there in NOTHING in the vicinity! The whole process is scary as it is fully automated with no manual control.. or maybe there is a way to "break in" to the cycle?

View attachment 9896 The black Gimble mounting bracket has a small L shape hook the the Gimble assembly must rest on. If you crashed ur Mavic head on, it's likely the Gimble assembly was thrown off this hook. Gently put it back in place and ur abnormal vibration may be fixed.
Thanks for this post - it fixed my problem! My mavic fell out of my backpack while on vacation - dropped about 5 feet on to pavement. Drone didn’t seem to have a scratch on it – but then I got a message that says Gimbal Vibrations Abnormal. Video was terrible - shaky. Front tabs looked fine - but checking the rear tab is on the wrong side of the L bracket. Your sketch helped tremendously - again thanks!

Thank you for the detailed drawing, it took me a while to realize it had come unhooked from this black hook. Gently pulled up on corner so I could re set it back in place. Problem solved!!!!

Thank you MBoobaba!!

I just ran into a similar situation on my second flight and your fix solved my issue as well!! Needed to take the front right corner out as well in order to get the back side on that hook. Then just tuck it back under once the back of the gimbal base is in the right place.

You rock!! Back to the sky!

This is very helpful but would you be able to upload a couple of pictures showing the front and back of the correctly assembled gimbal on the inside?

I also had this problem and it was caused by the gimbal being wrongly fitted from the time I opened the box. In essence, when it is in flight, the gimbal assembly needs to be suspended with its four rubber bands supports held above the three metal plates in the body. (When you turn it upside down you should therefore see them below the plates.) If these are incorrectly positioned it will also be impossible to attach the gimbal clamp correctly without putting too much force on the gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007