DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal wheel tilt

Nalkh

Reactions
hello everyone

My name is naser im from kuwait, im new here, my question is there a way to reverse the gimbal dial wheel tilt direction ?? it seems my mind is working the opposite way,

Thank you

Reactions: iPa64 and halley
Nope. You will have to re-train your mind. Push with your finger toward the front of the controller and it will move the gimbal up toward the front of the aircraft. Pull with your finger downward toward the bottom of the controller and it will move the gimbal down toward the ground.

I'm with @Nalkh. For some reason, my mind wants it the other way too... Hopefully this gets added at some point (if possible).

Reactions: iPa64
I have been searching this very issue all morning, and it would appear this is not an adjustable flight control! :( Having a pilots license, and flying other radio controlled aircraft, the natural tendency to scroll the wheel downward ( clockwise ) for a gimbal downward movement would only make sense. Hopefully DJI is able to correct this, or at least make it adjustable.

I'm totally with you here. It's counter intuitive to me and surely it's easier to adjust a two way controller than retrain your brain.

Reactions: Rbruz
I have been searching this very issue all morning, and it would appear this is not an adjustable flight control! :( Having a pilots license, and flying other radio controlled aircraft, the natural tendency to scroll the wheel downward ( clockwise ) for a gimbal downward movement would only make sense. Hopefully DJI is able to correct this, or at least make it adjustable.

Agree.

Reactions: iPa64
I just wish they'd made the control more ergonomic by mounting it so it was vertical on the controller! Even if it was reversed I don't think I'd remember the correct relationship between wheel and gimbal, and I've ruined quite a few nice shots so far by flying in towards something then moving the gimbal the opposite way to what I'd intended.

Reactions: Rbruz and dirkclod
Agreed. I'm always trying to remember left (counter-clockwise) = lower.

Best way to keep in mind.
Me i putted in mil mind :
-CLOCK WISE = UPWARDS (the RC)
COUNTER CLOCK WISE = DOWNWARDS (the RC)

I guess this is a common sense.
How interesting is the diffs between cultures. Some people reads texts from right to left, drive cars on the right side...
I'm also with you guys. My mind thinks different from chinese's. :)

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
You can change the settings for a long press on display screen to bring up gimbal tilt slider. Up is up, down is down. Easy.

Reactions: Rbruz
I searched and found this thread.
I'm pretty sure no one at dji is a pilot lol.
While there is some personal preference, I've found nearly all pilots, whether rc, or real, forward is down, back is up.

Not only is it backwards for the gimbal, but even the new "fixed wing mode" has the same error.

I will send an email to them, not that they are going to do anything, I think us real pilots are a minority.

Also seems all video games default to the dji way, but at least the have a"reverse vertical axis " or "look inversion" on all of them from old school 007bond to call of duty

Last edited:
I've also not quite trained my muscles memory to do it right every time. By the time I do, they will release the ability to change it. Oh well.

Ya I have pilot licences and hate how this can't be inverse. This is old thread and maybe it has been updated but I'll still check around

How interesting is the diffs between cultures. Some people reads texts from right to left, drive cars on the right side...
Watch the water in the toilet, it will keep straight. Righty tighty lefty losey. LOL

I wonder if Boeing gets any requests to be able to reverse control throw/outcome movements? Can’t imagine the confusion that would create when the aircraft moves into another geo-culture region.

I wonder if Boeing gets any requests to be able to reverse control throw/outcome movements? Can’t imagine the confusion that would create when the aircraft moves into another geo-culture region.
Luckily they don't. :)

next time on air-crash investigation: China's border of Disaster. After entering Chinese airspace
pilots were confused by the unannounced reversal of the elevator setting /s

But yes, as a pilot I also wished I could reverse the default direction. But I got used to it over time, so even if they add this function now, I think I don't change anymore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS