DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Yaw Control?

RallySoob

Reactions
I just set up my Mavic and yet to fly because of poor weather. All I can do is play with my camera haha.

There is tilt control for the gimbal but how do i rotate it left and right I'm confused... there is no info in literature or manual

You can't move the camera left or right, just the mavic when it's up in the air

Really... well does the gimbal yaw on its own when in the auto modes?

I did notice that when powered on, if i steer the left stick left or right the camera will slightly move left/right so i know the gimbal has yaw functionality

How? I only use go 4 app , never anything else. Mind you im completely new ive only activated my mavic

Could ya be lil more specific

The gimbal can automatically yaw the camera a few degrees for short periods, but only to respond to shock and sudden movement. You must pan the camera by rotating the whole aircraft.

Yes, apparently i was wrong, but i am correcting myself now ;-) I misinterpreted. You can control the "pitch" but that seems to be the same as "tilt".

So i guess unfortunately the gimball itseld cannot "yaw". The Mavic itself will have to yaw. If someone finds a way, please tell!! Sorry RallySoob for giving you false hope...

Reactions: RallySoob
This is all new to me too, but I've been wondering the same thing about gimbal yaw. It is covered briefly on page 39 in the owners manual. When in fpv mode it does synchronize with the Mavic and will turn a little bit in the direction of flight travel. But for the most part ,you do need to turn Mavic left or right to see left or right. I also found a good YouTube video showing how this works ,can't remember what channel. Good luck.

Gimbal yaw on the Mavic is only limited to absorbing yaw motions called "follow" mode or off. Turning the aircraft is the only way to get 360 degree yaw motion. You can use tripod mode or use small stick inputs to get smooth motion.

Edit: The goggles do allow yaw control during head tracking mode, up to 30 degrees right and left, in addition to full pitch control.

Last edited:
Reactions: RallySoob
You won't miss gimbal yaw whatsoever - don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Miss it? Lol ive never had it ... the pos phantom i learned was a p2 vision plus with gimbal/cam removed and had a go pro 5 attached to it . So believe me i was looking forward to full gimbal control like the phantoms have.

Im definately buying a phantom asap. I love the mavic for many reasons but I think most drone heads need both. And im becoming one. I see a p4 pro on the horizon. Looking to snag a used p3A asap tho

Reactions: Wacker2611
Miss it? Lol ive never had it ... the pos phantom i learned was a p2 vision plus with gimbal/cam removed and had a go pro 5 attached to it . So believe me i was looking forward to full gimbal control like the phantoms have.

Im definately buying a phantom asap. I love the mavic for many reasons but I think most drone heads need both. And im becoming one. I see a p4 pro on the horizon. Looking to snag a used p3A asap tho

I guess the camera yaw is to check out the condition of the landing legs on the Phantom?

Reactions: Gurvan
Speaking of gimble movements is it ok to move gimble to fit it into the gimbol retaining storage bracket. It feels so flimsy and sometimes it turns or flips around as you try to navigate it into the plastic retainer clip. I worry about messing it up or something.

With Mavic landed moving the yaw stick rotates (only a few degrees) the gimbal. With Mavic flying, obviously moving the yaw stick rotates Mavic.

Check out this video I made... you still think you need yaw control on your gimbal!? LOL

--Atomicbear

Oh really i was under impression phantoms had yaw control. Wow shows what I know. Like i said i never owned a complete one. I only bought the mavic cuz i learned bout it researching the p's

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest