DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbel Wheel Speed

Mavic4Me

Reactions
I have downloaded the new DJI GO 4 App as well as the latest firmware, the option to set Gimbal wheel speed is no longer available in my app. Can somebody help?

That setting is in "Gimbal Settings" --> "Advanced Settings".

I find about 20% is a good speed for quality tilting... also about 20% on the other adjustment - I forget the name of that one - (how fast it stops) so it does not jerk to a stop when you let go of the wheel.

about 20% on the other adjustment - I forget the name of that one - (how fast it stops) so it does not jerk to a stop when you let go of the wheel
Gimbal Pitch Buffer

DJI-GO-Gimbal-Speed-Settings.jpg

Last edited:
Pitch buffer, that's the one :) (to keep it from stopping immediately when you release the wheel)

Last edited:
I had a gimbal jerk on me first time using the drone. Please see video 25 - 40 seconds into the video:

Errr...my app DJI GO 4.0.1 does not show those settings, in that page.

I have:

- Gimbal Pitch EXP (0-100)
- Enable Upwards Gimbal Limit to 30 Degree
- Gimbal Pitch Smoothness
- Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow

What gives...? Are they the same settings, just under different names?...I have downloaded and updated the firmware both in the controller and the Mavic to the latest version...Is this because DJI GO 4 latest iOS version is 4.0.1 whereas the Android latest version is 4.0.0?

MK

Errr...my app DJI GO 4.0.1 does not show those settings, in that page.
Those are the same settings. I snapped the above screenshot using an older build of DJI GO.

I just updated my screenshot above to show the new setting names.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckb223
Weird. I just checked my iPhone 7 plus and my iPad Pro 9.7 both with 4.01. Neither has that configuration 1,2,3 bar.

Well I deleted App on iPhone and reinstalled and now its there along with the Gentle and Normal bar in EXP. I wonder if this will fix the map following problem too.

I have an iPhone 6s and I had to scroll down those little icons on the left as the last one, the gimbal was not showing. Spent about an hour trying to figure out where it was..

I also have the phone set for zoom and large text so wondering if this had an affect

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803