DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble rubber bands

Sndflea

Reactions
How loose should these be? I have one on the front that appears stretched out. Only 3 flights so it appears that it came that way. Hate to send it back. I already had to send the original back due to damage in shipment. Most of the time video seems fine but I get periodic jello. Can the rubber bands be changed without sending it back?

Can you post a picture? I don't have my Mavic in front of me, but I'm pretty sure there are no "rubber bands" on it.

Can you post a picture? I don't have my Mavic in front of me, but I'm pretty sure there are no "rubber bands" on it.

I'll do a picture tomorrow. There are 3 or 4 stretchy bands that hold the gimble in place

You can get a new vibration dampening plate (the part with the rubber bands) from here on EBay from a DJI dealer. -CF

I'm not sure how hard it is to do. I did just saw a vibration plate from china for $23.00 here. I bet there is a YouTube video out there about installing it. I crashed my Mavic and damaged the same part (as well as gimbal etc). I am now facing a $375.00 repair bill:(! Highly suggest getting DJI Care and save the money!

How hard is it to install?

I broke one of the damper bands in a crash. Was able to purchase one from Thunderdrones. Replacing isn't too difficult with the right tools. I happen to have a jewelers magnifying head band (inexpensive on Amazon) which helps. You'll see how the rubber damper connects when you pull the old one out. I used some good tweezers for that. To insert the new one, I used two very small screwdrivers to push the damper base into the anchoring hole. Took a few minutes and some patience. Lastly, used the tweezers to gently loop the top of the damper over the corner of the plate and all is good. Definitely not worth sending back to DJI.

I broke one of the damper bands in a crash. Was able to purchase one from Thunderdrones. Replacing isn't too difficult with the right tools. I happen to have a jewelers magnifying head band (inexpensive on Amazon) which helps. You'll see how the rubber damper connects when you pull the old one out. I used some good tweezers for that. To insert the new one, I used two very small screwdrivers to push the damper base into the anchoring hole. Took a few minutes and some patience. Lastly, used the tweezers to gently loop the top of the damper over the corner of the plate and all is good. Definitely not worth sending back to DJI.
Did u have to take anything apart in order to install the new rubber bands? Or were u able to get them on there while the gimbal was still in tact? Also, how long did it take for u to get the part from thunderdrones?

I didn't have to take anything apart but it did take some patience and The right tools to manipulate the damper into position. As for Thunderdrones, he isn't the best at monitoring his emails and I really had to badger him. At the time, he had two to sell me for $12, delivered. I told him to keep one for someone else and gave him $10 for the one to make it worth his time. Worth it for me vs sending back to DJI.

Thx for the input KPN, all very much useful info! If anyone knows anyone else who might have these parts plz let me know!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots