DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble shake when coming to a stop

mathew thomas

Reactions
as the title .

I've noticed my gimble with shake or shimmer if I come to a sudden stop. And then be smooth as butter straight after .

Any thoughts

Your gimbal is getting whiplash when ever you release the sticks, causing it to 'actively brake'. You can practice with the sticks by slowing down gently before changing directions OR;
limit the sticks by changing your braking percentage to 70%. This will allow the mavic to progressively stop instead of snapping back. Just watch out for trees and walls as it will no longer stop on a dime. It will carry a little inertia and smoothen out stop, like what ABS does to car.

Your gimbal is getting whiplash when ever you release the sticks, causing it to 'actively brake'. You can practice with the sticks by slowing down gently before changing directions OR;
limit the sticks by changing your braking percentage to 70%. This will allow the mavic to progressively stop instead of snapping back. Just watch out for trees and walls as it will no longer stop on a dime. It will carry a little inertia and smoothen out stop, like what ABS does to car.

I'll tone down the brake and see what happens.

I never had this with my previous mavic , this is a replacement unit from dji

Does the video actually shake when you come to such a sudden stop, or is the gimbal actually doing its job properly?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The video feed actually shakes . You can see it happen on screen.

This never happened on my last mavic

Well after a IMU calibration and every Calibration available . All seems to be good again .

Mine was doing this at the weekend too, may try the IMU calibration as it also has a horizontal tilt issue too

Mine was doing this at the weekend too, may try the IMU calibration as it also has a horizontal tilt issue too

Saying this I tried again today and the same issue came up. But was total avoidable if I controlled the braking with the sticks .

Note outside temp was pretty cold , obviously slight warmer earlier ..
I think it might not like the cold temps, as after a few minutes flying . It seem to stop

i agree, mine does that as well but I still don't think it's normal. This is just a workaround and it should work out of the box. If you lower the breaking percentage this would affect obstable avoidance. I've seen other rock solid steady mavics that don't have this issue out of the box. I've sent mine in for a replacement.

Do you have this experience in P-mode or in Sport mode? I am having similar shakes only Sport mode when I stop moving (thus braking) or when I start moving with 100% pulling the right stick, but only in sport mode.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is normal behavior or is something I should report to DJI. I am confused because some people suggest to practice with the controls and be smoother, but there are other people who never experienced similar issues.
If it really is an issue, I would prefer to solve it with DJI rather than trying to find a workaround.

Do you have this experience in P-mode or in Sport mode? I am having similar shakes only Sport mode when I stop moving (thus braking) or when I start moving with 100% pulling the right stick, but only in sport mode.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is normal behavior or is something I should report to DJI. I am confused because some people suggest to practice with the controls and be smoother, but there are other people who never experienced similar issues.
If it really is an issue, I would prefer to solve it with DJI rather than trying to find a workaround.

P-mode only. Never even tried Sport mode.
Yeah this was my thinking as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura