DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GIVEAWAY: DJI Mavic Hard Case by Freewell Gear

Hi all , first post here , the best tip That i have is before you have bought you mavic or after , is to buy a little drone (ex: a dromida ominus for me) and practice a lot , to learn the basics and when you think your ready , fly your little drone again and again , just to learn to fly without a gps .For me , when it's raining outside , I like to practice with the 75$ drone , to keep my skill ready when things goes wrong with my mavic !

msinger, I know I am a day early but when will I get my case ? I was thinking if you shipped it today I would get it quicker :);)

Reactions: mlaczek
If flying 2 mavics together use manual channel selection 1 on each end the the spectrum. You will get less interference then auto.

I received my Mavic Pro yesterday after months of waiting!
Tip - During this time I gained experience by flying a simple quadcopter that cost me a few quid. No GPS or complex sensors to assist me, just the joysticks for control.
The moral of the story is that you don't learn to drive in an expensive car, the same applies for quads.
Happy flying everyone!

Learn to fly with a cheap drone that doesn't have all the fancy stuff like, hover hold, altitude hold, return to home. That way if you get in to trouble you know how to manually fly your drone back to you or to the ground.

Beginner tip - you do not need to record in 4k - you are learning. Record in HD or less. You will have ample room on the memory card that came with the Mavic to practice and see what you have done.

When you receive your Mavic, even though it is not explained in the manual or prompted by the software, you should perform an IMU calibration. Some Mavic owners reported drifting and GPS issues that were quickly resolved by a simple IMU calibration. Once the IMU calibration is complete do the following:
1. Compass Calibration
2. Remote Controller
3. Gimbal Auto Calibration

In order to achieve best results, it is recommended to perform these steps outside away from metallic objects and leveled surface.

My favorite tip....don't listen to the drone police/nannies on here. Fly safe and fly within the law. Learn them yourself so you know what is allowed and what isn't. When I first started reading these forums I was scared to fly anywhere. Most of all have fun!

wake up mr. @msinger! it's fridaaaaaaaaay :D

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Hexagon
Before you leave the house.... make sure the memory card is in the mavic and not still in the memory card reader attached the the PC. Especially when your driving some distance away for a shoot.

I haven't done this twice already.. that would just be stupid.:D

i just checked my post box, but i found nothing. there wasn't my hard case. maybe later... :D

Thank you for taking the time to submit your tips. There were lots of great tips to choose from, so I picked my favorites and chose a random winner out of those. Here's the winning entry by @taztwr:

"Don't over fly your abilities. Take it slow, read the manuals, watch tutorials, start in beginner mode take your time."

@taztwr, please PM me your mailing address so I can ship your package.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your tips. There were lots of great tips to choose from, so I picked my favorites and chose a random winner out of those. Here's the winning entry by @taztwr:

"Don't over fly your abilities. Take it slow, read the manuals, watch tutorials, start in beginner mode take your time."

Woo Hoo; congratulations taztwr, an excellent tip.
Regards,
-d.

I smack you for not marking me as your favorite. ;-)

Seriously though, congrats @taztwr.

@msinger If I may ask, who were the favorites you picked to be in the lottery?

Reactions: Hexagon
I'm giving away one DJI Mavic hard case by Freewell Gear. For a chance to win, post your favorite DJI Mavic tip below (just one please). I will choose my favorite post on Friday, March 31st and ship the case to the winner for free.

Here's more information about this case:
  • Dimensions: 13 x 12 x 5 inches
  • Weight: 4 lbs 6 oz
  • Contains custom cut slots for the Mavic, remote controller, 2 spare batteries, and 4 accessory slots
  • Watertight
  • Impact-resistant
This is the same case sold by PolarPro, Hobby-Ace, Depstech, Red Rock, and others. The only difference is the "Freewell Gear" label on the top lid of the case. Check out the reviews and additional information here on Amazon.

Here's a video showing this case in action:

Good luck! :)

My tip would be read all the tips on this thread and use them all, they will all be needed as some point flying the lovely mavic pro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851