DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gizmodo on Mavic debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the article is spot on. Truly I'm not that surprised.

I really don't care so much about the delay. The only issue I have is the taking of my money without being honest about delivery and lack of communication....

But then I remind myself I'm buying from DJI....duh! What did I expect? Quality customer service...lol AND lets be honest people, we're not here for the quality CS (as most of us know it's crap) we're here for the drone...which will be amazing.

Last edited:
Lmao. Well, if anyone remembers dirty bird from the p4 launch he was just as indignant when the range and battery were much less than dji had on specs. I MEAN NEARLY THE SAME RHETORIC!!!
I'll see if I can locate some of those posts. Hilarious.

Hey dirty.

GoPro called. Said they wanted your money.

Get you a karma.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilotsvote Trump!

I don't think @dirtybird is in the wrong in his statements. He's expressing his opinion like everyone else.... yes it's frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Myetkt
I recall seeing the email on another site. It included the guy's name, email address, Skype #, etc.. Not sure why it would be fake with the actual contact info?
I don't know if it is or isn't fake but it's easy enough to put any info you want. Like his real name. ;)

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 11.24.14 PM✨.png

I believe the email was arbitrarily declared fake & dismissed because, as evidenced in this thread, some folks are in denial. I'm as much of a DJI fan as anyone but the reality of the situation is obvious.

I don't know if it is or isn't fake but it's easy enough to put any info you want. Like his real name. ;)

View attachment 513

I believe the email was arbitrarily declared fake & dismissed because, as evidenced in this thread, some folks are in denial. I'm as much of a DJI fan as anyone but the reality of the situation is obvious.

So the email is arbitrarily declared real depending one the emotional human reading? See I'm confused since so many people seem to know something the next person doesn't.

Sure the business move is horsecrap but it appears people are losing sleep over a drone...

Reactions: AlexSP
The email is supported by the facts on the ground. Deniers remind me of Baghdad Bob, only it's DJI Dan standing in front of a three Mavic boxes while declaring, "The assembly line is in full swing!" :)

So the email is arbitrarily declared real depending one the emotional human reading? See I'm confused since so many people seem to know something the next person doesn't.

Sure the business move is horsecrap but it appears people are losing sleep over a drone...

but it appears people are losing sleep over a drone...
For many, it's not about, not having a drone, but the money gone out their bank account.
A date was promised for shipping, but DJI's promise was broken.
So the money is gone and no product.

If money is no object, then it's no big deal.

You rich SOB's,
buy me a Mavic!
I'll wait patiently for it to arrive.
Lol!

Last edited:
I'm fully aware of the financial obligation people have fronted as I did the same so no doubt with that... I still say people are losing sleep over the Mavic Pro ;0)

The Apple Store in Australia only took $1 as a pre-order deposit so I can handle the wait.
I feel for the guys who had to pay big deposits or the whole amount, and I can see why they're getting pissed off with the extra wait.

For many, it's not about, not having a drone, but the money gone out their bank account.
A date was promised for shipping, but DJI's promise was broken.
So the money is gone and no product.

If money is no object, then it's no big deal.

You rich SOB's,
buy me a Mavic!
I'll wait patiently for it to arrive.
Lol!
Buy from a retailer that doesn't take your money until shipped. That's most of them in the U.S.

Lmao. Well, if anyone remembers dirty bird from the p4 launch he was just as indignant when the range and battery were much less than dji had on specs. I MEAN NEARLY THE SAME RHETORIC!!!
I'll see if I can locate some of those posts. Hilarious.

Hey dirty.

GoPro called. Said they wanted your money.

Get you a karma.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilotsvote Trump!

Yea, that kind of person can always find something to be unhappy about and then wants to spread the misery.

Reactions: Samm
I´m with you Dirty Bird. You are a good value to this forum! I´m from Portugal and I ordered the Mavic at DJI site last october 5. Until now...nothing. I sold My Phantom 2 vision+ to my brother.

I simply refuse to buy direct though - customer service which is notoriously bad if there is a problem right away OOTB, and restrictive 7 day return policy Yes that means I ordered elsewhere that is promising I'll have it 10/31 (which I am doubting). If I have a problem, I can walk in within 45 days and exchange or return, no hassle, no waiting and shipping it somewhere and having something fixed or waiting on a refund.
This is the problem, if you have any kind of issue it's better to have bought through local dealer than have to send it back to God-knows-where even if you get a free label to send it.
After being fed BS for weeks - always "wait just a few more days" about additional P3 batteries ordered direct, and DJI still being unable to supply when I could get them next day from UK suppliers who had 'plenty' I won't ever order direct from DJI again no matter how long it takes.

hmc.gif

Welcome to the various rant sessions where you can spend the next month pretty upset

I´m with you Dirty Bird. You are a good value to this forum! I´m from Portugal and I ordered the Mavic at DJI site last october 5. Until now...nothing. I sold My Phantom 2 vision+ to my brother.

Reactions: Samm
dirty bird seem to be in a minority that dosnt seem to like being lied to and taken advantage of.. he has my respect.. the majority seem to like being treated like dorks.. for sure they are in a strange la la land wanna be happy denial state.. he he..

trog

It amazes me how many people are in denial and ok with being lied to by a company. It is pathetic that people defend said company rather than expecting truth, at the very least. Dirty Bird has my respect and a lot of others who have been watching this.

dirty bird seem to be in a minority that dosnt seem to like being lied to and taken advantage of.. he has my respect.. the majority seem to like being treated like dorks.. for sure they are in a strange la la land wanna be happy denial state.. he he..

trog

I respectfuly disagree. No one trully likes to be lied to and taken advantage of, that´s crazy. The difference is only in how people let that affect them and how they express it.

Nobody like to get jammed but there is also no point in crying about it for weeks. It happened, it sucks, get over it! No amount of whinning here will fix it. If you don't like it don't send DJI your money, simple as that. There are a lot of drone makers these days... pick someone else if DJI isn't your thing.

Since we are just beating the horse... closed.

HT3ZZpX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000