DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glitchy/Shaky video

The_Dr

Reactions
Got my new Mavic and was testing it in the park. Initiated RTH, which caused it to shoot up and nail a far reaching tree branch, which resulted in a 30+/- fall straight down. Of course, despite there being grass everywhere, it managed to land (right side up) on the concrete walkway, popping the battery right out of the drone.

Amazingly, after recalibrating the vision system it flies perfectly. However, the video is glitchy or shaky (see clip), and I am getting gimbal shake errors. After the crash one of the gimbal tabs was out, and I popped it back in. I have done the gimbal recalibration and it didn't help. I also did the new firmware update, which didn't help either. Flight temperatures are about 65 deg F with light wind, so that isn't the issue.

Is there anything else I can do, or do I likely have damaged hardware and I need to send it to the repair center?

Interestingly enough, when I turn the drone and camera on but not the motors, I can "fly" it around with my hand and the video is just fine.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

I'm not sure if this was the same issue I was having but I have not crashed yet but I was getting shaky video. Almost like my gimbal would shiver. I got wit dji online support and they had me do a IMU calibration and then do a gimbal calibration. So far with a flight indoors it seems to be better. I have to get it outside tomorrow to verify its really fixed. But give it a try it will not hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks. I did both of those things and it did not help, so looks like I'll be sending it in!

Yeah I did a test flight yesterday and still had the problem as well so I am doing the same..

There are four metal tabs held by black bands on each corner of the gimbal. The forward ones can pop outside of the chassis after a hard impact. At the same time the gimbal mounting plate can come out of the metal clip that holds it in the rear. Video taken under these conditions will look very shaky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji