DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go 4 App crashes?

scholls22

Reactions
Anyone having an issue with the app crashing when entering an intelligent flight mode???? iOS for me. I've deleted and reinstalled. Nothing seems to work.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

which device?

no crashing issues so far in DJI Go 4.0.1 with intelligent flight modes on Mavic and iOS 10.1.1 on iPhone 7 and iPhone 6+

have yet to try my older iPad mini 2... mostly because I suspect I will likely have issues since I seem to get various other app crashes on that older device than I do with my newer iPhones. Perhaps depending on the age of the device the crashing may happen when the device's CPU chokes on the resource-hogging Go 4 app?

Mine keeps draining the battery on my iPhone 6+ then crashing my phone, even when it's got around 40% battery left.

It's fine on my iPad Pro though.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Mine keeps draining the battery on my iPhone 6+ then crashing my phone, even when it's got around 40% battery left.

It's fine on my iPad Pro though.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
This is a know issue with the battery. Pop into an Apple store and they will replace the battery for you. Initially it was thought the issue was only on the 6s but there have been numerous reports about the 6, 6+ and 6s+ having the same issue. This was also all over the tech websites. Insist they swap the battery under warranty even if your serial number does not fall under the supposedly 'affected' units, they will do it.

Anyone having an issue with the app crashing when entering an intelligent flight mode???? iOS for me. I've deleted and reinstalled. Nothing seems to work.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I keep having this issue with my Nexus 6P. It's getting to the point where I'm getting angry with DJI. You shouldn't pay $1000 for a drone to have an app that crashes 7 times every flight.

Reactions: Fishstiq
I keep having this issue with my Nexus 6P. It's getting to the point where I'm getting angry with DJI. You shouldn't pay $1000 for a drone to have an app that crashes 7 times every flight.
Do you have the same issue with the Go App (Original)?

Do you have the same issue with the Go App (Original)?
Have this issue with both apps. Tried resetting, uninstalling. Gonna try factory reset on my phone but need to back stuff up before I do.

I'm afraid to use any of the tracking modes, or fly far away out of fear of the app crashing
I would suggest you try another approved device and see if it persist. Also, keep in mind, you do not need the app to fly, as long as you can see it (LOS) you can bring it back no problem.

Thank you, I'm aware that I can bring it home. Haven't lost connection with controller. Know if the app is better with iOS or Android

Reactions: jglowacki87
It seems that iOS is the better of the two. They tend to release iOS updates fastest (but not always). Also, with DJI's close relationship with Apple maybe there is some incentive to keep them happy. This is all purely speculation.

Had this happen this morning. Could not resolve so ended up doing factory reset and reloading DJI GO. Now all OK. Have read that if you have both GO and GO4 loaded onto your device then it can cause conflict and crashes (I had both loaded and since doing reset and loading only 1 app on its rock solid).

Reactions: Alex Baxter
. Also, keep in mind, you do not need the app to fly, as long as you can see it (LOS) you can bring it back no problem.
You can use the controller if it's out of LOS too, just yaw whilst flying forward until the distance decreases on the display, hopefully obstacle avoidance will keep you out of trouble... DJI Go 4 also crashes on my (2014 version) Nexus 6P, and rather more than Litchi does.. I'm sure they'll get there in the end. Clearing the cache may help with software crashes. I'd thought 'pure' Android would work best, but that does not seem to be the case.

Just unboxed my Mavic this morning, connected controller and iPhone 6 (iOS 10.2) and upgraded the firmware. Before 1st flight tried to calibrate compass in DJI GO 4 (4.0.2), which led the phone to shut down (not a reboot - the phone really shut down). Tried to do same with another iPhone 6 (iOS 10.0.2) and DJI GO 4 (4.0.2), with the same result. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Just unboxed my Mavic this morning, connected controller and iPhone 6 (iOS 10.2) and upgraded the firmware. Before 1st flight tried to calibrate compass in DJI GO 4 (4.0.2), which led the phone to shut down (not a reboot - the phone really shut down). Tried to do same with another iPhone 6 (iOS 10.0.2) and DJI GO 4 (4.0.2), with the same result. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Maybe uninstall and reinstall, strange it happens to both.. Maybe clear the cache and remove any apps running in the background.

Thanks, Alex. re-installed DJI GO 4, cleared cache, removed apps in the background... and managed to calibrate the compass!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000